Author Topic: Battle Foam & Firestorm  (Read 1326 times)

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
Battle Foam & Firestorm
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:20:29 am »
So, I'm on a mission to get Battle Foam to add shapes to their custom tray creator for all the Firestorm figs. Battle Foam has said that they'll only do it if they see interest from the community. So, I propose an e-mail campaign to romeo40kradio@battlefoam.com. Let him know directly that we want to give him money but he isn't letting us. I've posted this on the Spartan forum, the Element 270 Facebook page and the Firebase Delta Facebook page.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Battle Foam & Firestorm
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 11:19:44 am »
Good idea! I once had a chance to tour the Battle Foam factory out in AZ. Romeo even let me sit in his chair in the 40k Radio studios:

I would suggest that perhaps the best way to execute this campaign would be to meet BF half way; we need to organize an effort to trace the shapes of the ships and submit them to at least save the company that much time.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:30:41 pm »
How timely.  I've been poking around there and debating what I want to do, trying to create some custom trays.  But honestly, $30 bucks a pop for a single large tray, that's a tough pill to swallow.

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 02:46:09 pm »
Romeindicated that the big issue is buying and assembling the ships.  He said that if we're willing to ship the models to him, it would help.  For the tracing, I think we'd have to set something up with BFin advance.  I made traces of a lot of my models a while back and sent them to BF for this same kind of effort and they never replied or implemented the shapes.

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 02:49:18 pm »
Mark,

Regarding cost, I recommend getting the pre-filled Spartan bag.  You can have them load it out with whatever trays you need, even custom ones.  It runs about $120, but you can fit a LOT in that one bag.  My whole Prussian fleet is in one bag, and I haven't even used up all the space.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 05:07:59 pm »
Romeindicated that the big issue is buying and assembling the ships.  He said that if we're willing to ship the models to him, it would help.  For the tracing, I think we'd have to set something up with BFin advance.  I made traces of a lot of my models a while back and sent them to BF for this same kind of effort and they never replied or implemented the shapes.

Hard to say what happened there...I imagine that a more coordinated effort might help, but who knows? BF isn't all that large an organization, so they don't have  lot of resources to put towards what must be low-volume (compared to, say 40k or Warmahordes) products.