Poll

Which naval game are you most looking forward to playing in 2018?

Star Wars Armada
1 (5.9%)
X-Wing
0 (0%)
Star Trek Attack Wing
0 (0%)
Sails of Glory
0 (0%)
Dystopian Wars
3 (17.6%)
Firestorm Armada
4 (23.5%)
Halo Fleet Battles
0 (0%)
Dropzone Commander
2 (11.8%)
DeepWars
1 (5.9%)
Other (please post below and let us know!)
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 04, 2018, 06:27:05 pm

Author Topic: MBS Monthly Poll #19  (Read 2881 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
MBS Monthly Poll #19
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:27:05 pm »
The new year is almost upon us! What naval games are you most looking forward to playing in the upcoming year? Don't see your pick above? The make sure to post below and tell us what you are looking forward to.

All responses will be discussed during the Community Sitrep on MBS Podcast Ep. 26, so let your voices be heard! 8)

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Monthly Poll #19
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 03:27:18 pm »
General Quarters III - I'm OK with VSF and SciFi but historicals are always my first choice.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 04:04:51 pm »
While I remain "DW Curious" my first and always for Spartanesque games will be Firestorm Armada. It's the one I picked to "replace" Babylon 5 when that game was killed off by Mongoose's incompetence. It remains my last best hope for a balanced and fun space fleet-scale game. :-)

Trek Attack Wing would be higher, but WK seems to be botching the release and any sort of promotions so far, so I'm highly skeptical.

X-Wing keeps on truckin' no matter my preference ... I'd turn to it more if the others disappoint.

I still want to try SW Armada, but price-point, perceived imbalance, and lack of opponents deters me.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Toxic_Rat

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 13
  • Spartan_FA_Mike in a previous incarnation
    • View Profile
    • Firestorm Armada Fleet Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »
I'm with Dakkar on looking forward to playing Firestorm Armada...who's our third player in the poll?   

Nos Habere Ad Aetheres

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 06:51:49 pm »
While I remain "DW Curious" my first and always for Spartanesque games will be Firestorm Armada. It's the one I picked to "replace" Babylon 5 when that game was killed off by Mongoose's incompetence. It remains my last best hope for a balanced and fun space fleet-scale game. :-)

Trek Attack Wing would be higher, but WK seems to be botching the release and any sort of promotions so far, so I'm highly skeptical.

X-Wing keeps on truckin' no matter my preference ... I'd turn to it more if the others disappoint.

I still want to try SW Armada, but price-point, perceived imbalance, and lack of opponents deters me.

Completely agree with you on STAW. It just seems like WK is not interested in investing the effort needed to keep the game going in the long term. As I told Greg on the podcast, it just seems like the footprint for this game is continuing to shrink :(.

I actually cast my vote for Star Wars Armada; I've been steadily collecting this game (in a "one of everything" approach) since it came out, and I'd really like to get more games in!

Jack Brown

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 11:35:54 pm »
I would like to get some Seekrieg played. Maybe some Starblazers Fleet Battles or Star Fleet Battles.

No need to get into the odds of pulling it off...  ;)

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 06:41:10 pm »
I am looking forward to play....

1. Poseidon's Warriors
2. Fighting Sail/Trafalgar
3. Aquanautica Imperialis
4. Aeronautica Imperialis (If we have X-wing in there, why not another flying game)
5. Full Thrust
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 12:05:58 am »
Aeronautica Imperialis...I played that at Adepticon a couple years ago. Actually, it was Aeronautica Imperialis using minis from Starblazers/Space Battleship Yamato. Same concept though. I really enjoyed the game. Probably not worth hoping for GW to resurrect it; from what I gather it was only a "neat side show" to begin with, and was never fully fleshed out. I just like the idea of fighter combat in the 40k universe.

I voted for DeepWars. Stephan and I have several games under our belt now and hopefully we can start linking up with some of the other players in this area. We've been kicking around the idea of a campaign for several months now, but have yet to pull the trigger on it (both of us have been pretty busy). I need to get my Ancients painted up, which would help. I collected a lot of terrain for DeepWars in 2017 (read: aquarium decorations), and got a cool gaming mat from Antimatter Games that looks like the sea floor.

But I'm also looking forward to Dystopian Wars and Halo Fleet Battles!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

voidstarsinger

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 05:14:48 am »
well i voted for dropzone commander , which i like as well as dropfleet commander , been at the egg nog ?
take this ship to where the fire is at its heaviest  that where we can make a difference

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 01:54:09 am »
well i voted for dropzone commander , which i like as well as dropfleet commander , been at the egg nog ?

Ha! Nice catch. I'm pretty sure Ruckdog meant to put down Dropfleet Commander as one of the options, and not Dropzone Commander. In his defense...the titles are awfully similar... :P

Dropfleet is a game I hope to try in 2018. Some of the pics and battle reports I've read are making it sound quite attractive!

KazadHarri

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 12:46:53 pm »
I am hoping to play anything over the next year, but hopefully some Age of Sail stuff, as I get ready to playtest my Napoleonic rules I have been working  on.  Looking for volunteers....  8)

Nordic_Wolf

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
  • Board them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 08:17:46 am »
Other I have said. And below are the two naval wargames I am looking forward to use for a Golden Age of Piracy (Odyssey of Captain Blood theme):

1) Letter of Marque and Reprisal

2) Away Boarders!

"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today" - Attr: David Beatty, 1st Earl of Beatty, 1916

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »

Apart from joining the active DW community locally, I'm also planning to re-invigorate interest in Full Thrust hereabouts - A friend of mine used to live in the area I dwell in now, and he ran a rather busy little group. Hoping to get it off the ground ( Pun intended ) again!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 08:07:09 pm »
You’ll have to post up some pics and battle reports!

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 12:37:36 pm »
BTW, I just got some of the new STAW boxes - and they're fantastic. New direction is solid and better balanced. Prices are great (4 ships for $30).
Now if they can only regain market share...
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader