Author Topic: WW2 Baltic Naval Campaign - Game 2 - Shore Bombardment  (Read 1221 times)

Yarkshire Gamer

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 10
    • View Profile
WW2 Baltic Naval Campaign - Game 2 - Shore Bombardment
« on: March 31, 2017, 04:00:09 pm »

http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/ww2-baltic-naval-campaign-game-2-shore.html

Welcome back Naval Gamers,

Part 2 of our Baltic Naval Campaign is up on t'blog for those of you with a nautical disposition to enjoy. Read our adventures on the high seas or why not join in, all the scenario details are there.

As you might be able to tell from the photo, things didn't go to well for the Russians.

Why do Commanders always close the range ?

We had an enjoyable game and part 3 of the Campaign our go at the Tallinn Convoys is already on the table.

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 Baltic Naval Campaign - Game 2 - Shore Bombardment
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 04:29:02 pm »
I am deeply impressed. A well thought out campaign on an little gamed subject, great AAR's and pictures yielding a really good example of our hobby at its best. Thank you and keep em coming!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »
I missed the post about the first engagement, so I just read up on the first and second scenarios. Very good stuff, love the narrative aspect. I really would like to do something like this for Dystopian Wars.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Yarkshire Gamer

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 09:36:51 pm »
Cheers everyone,

I started using the linked scenario method for Campaigns a few years back after getting bogged down in games in the past where people have lost interest after their 97th carefully plotted search pattern failed to locate the enemy.

This way each game is more or less self contained but the result of the previous battle effects the start point of the next game. So in the Baltic games the Germans have the technical edge however they are very short on numbers whilst the Russians in comparison have large numbers of Destroyers in the pot, the loss of the Maxim Gorky could prove very difficult for them, but you can't predict how tabletop Commanders will act !

Game 3 is already in motion, reports soon.

Regards Ken