Poll

Which Naval Game are you Most Looking Forward to Playing in 2017?

Firestorm Armada
4 (36.4%)
Dystopian Wars
3 (27.3%)
Halo Fleet Battles
2 (18.2%)
Star Wars Armada
0 (0%)
X-Wing
1 (9.1%)
Star Trek Attack Wing
0 (0%)
Dropfleet Commander
1 (9.1%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 30, 2017, 08:02:03 pm

Author Topic: Monthly Poll #8  (Read 1941 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Monthly Poll #8
« on: January 02, 2017, 08:02:03 pm »
2017 has arrived! With the whole year ahead of us, what naval games are you most looking forward to playing in the New Year?

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Poll #8
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 08:41:01 pm »
This is a hard one for me. I really want to focus on Firestorm Armada this year, because it was my least played game in 2016. However, will all the cool things happening to Dystopian Wars I see great games on the horizon.
I'll likely focus on Firestorm early in the year but switch focus as we see the new things for Dystopian Wars hit the streets.

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 08:53:34 pm »
I want to play more Halo Fleet and Halo Ground this year.

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:20:17 am »
I'm looking forward to finally receiving my Terran patrol fleet, after four months with no word, and finally getting to play a game of firestorm. 
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:38:54 am »
I'm looking forward to finally receiving my Terran patrol fleet, after four months with no word, and finally getting to play a game of firestorm.

Are you ordering direct from Spartan? If so, I would recommend emailing them about it if you haven't already.

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 04:37:02 pm »
No, I thought I'd do the right thing and order through a local store that provides gaming tables.  I need to get in touch with them monday, I think.
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 04:58:53 pm »
I'm praying they have *something* in mind for Firestorm this year (and that it doesn't involve a Kickstarter). Maybe those new HALO style rules finally.

I just got my Syndicate Fleet, so they'll be assembled and fielded over my Relthoza when ready. Aside from a Relthoza BattleCruiser build, the fleets that work for them are feeling all too "same-y" so I look forward to the change up.

DW is my second place. Not doing the KS, but I have a whole new EotBS fleet to exploit. Somebody gets sold this winter auction, whether Prussians or COA or 'Mericans remains to be seen.

HALO and STAW vie for third. I consistently enjoy the games, but I don't feel there's much planning between events to engage in.

I constantly debate keeping X-Wing, but it still feels like a good fall-back choice that will outlive STAW and others. Maybe I'll go back down to one faction again.

"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Sailion

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »
Honestly hard decision for me as well, thought games mostly likely that get one of.. if bring both forces to closet club to me. Which in this case is Carlisle gamers would be Halo fleet battles, Firestorm or Halo ground command.

Star trek attack wing and xwing have could get game off, thought not fond of chessy builds and loads of cards. >_<

Really want to play Halo or Firestorm as pro Covenant/Elites, do miss Dystopians wars that played back in essex abour roughly 3 years ago before moved up north to cumbria.. more sheep and cows here than people here. XD

Hmm.. did like that dystopian wars bbq day when to, my french skimmer build fleet did awesome ^^

Voted: Halo fleet battles.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 01:17:29 pm by Sailion »
World of warships: Sailion (EU)

Firestorm armada:
- Directorate
- Hawker industries, Ryushi & Terquai
- Works Raptor
- Syndicate

Dystopian wars:
- Denmark
- Polish & Lithuian
- French
- Italians

Halo Fleet & Ground battles:
- Covenant & Unsc

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 10:14:05 pm »
Dystopian Wars for me, with Halo: Fleet Battles (and of course Dirt Fight) and DeepWars tied for second.

With the massively successful Kickstarter, the new rules, and having FINALLY figured out how I want to paint my FSA (more on that in the Showcase when I have some models to show), I think this is going to be a Dystopian Year for me. I just picked up a new ocean-themed gaming mat (Fat Matz), and I'm starting to collect some island terrain.

Still very much interested in Fleet Battles and its ground equivalent. New rules, new minis, new players in this area, and a new faction will (hopefully) prod me to get DeepWars on the table more frequently, hopefully at least a couple times per month.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama