Poll

Which segments would you like to hear more of on the MBS Podcast? (You can pick more than 1!)

Game Reviews
3 (20%)
Interviews
1 (6.7%)
Mechanics Discussions (Such as Carrier Operations)
3 (20%)
Historical Naval Battle Discussions
2 (13.3%)
Event Reports
0 (0%)
IP-specific Discussions (ie, Combat in the Star Trek universe)
2 (13.3%)
Game-specific Discussions (ie, FSA Roundtable)
3 (20%)
Other (Please let us know below!)
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 30, 2016, 09:59:09 pm

Author Topic: Monthly Poll #6: What do you want to hear more of on the MBS Podcast?  (Read 1368 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Okay fellow gamers! As Landlubber and I finish up our first year of podcasting, we would like to take this opportunity to solicit a little feedback from the community. What segments have we done that you really liked? Please pick as many as you would like from the list above. Likewise, if you have some segments you didn't like all that much, please feel free to tell us about those to in the comments below. Thanks for listening!

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Poll #6: What do you want to hear more of on the MBS Podcast?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:38:07 am »
Love your segments discussing historical naval facts and comparing them to "in game" equivalents, I particularly liked the one on battle cruisers. 
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:55:46 am »
Love your segments discussing historical naval facts and comparing them to "in game" equivalents, I particularly liked the one on battle cruisers.

Seconded. :-)

Also, more discussion of misused Naval tropes in both games and other media would be fun.
For instance, it still drives me nuts that Spartan misuses "Flight" and "Wing" in Armada, in almost the exact opposite from proper form. (Flights should comprise Squadrons which comprise Wings).
What misuses of Naval terms, ranks, structures, etc drive you nuts?
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:20:59 am »

Seconded. :-)

Also, more discussion of misused Naval tropes in both games and other media would be fun.
For instance, it still drives me nuts that Spartan misuses "Flight" and "Wing" in Armada, in almost the exact opposite from proper form. (Flights should comprise Squadrons which comprise Wings).
What misuses of Naval terms, ranks, structures, etc drive you nuts?

Yeah, the wings/flights/squadrons thing is a bit odd!

Thanks! I had fun doing that one. Greg and I have been discussing doing several topics along these lines, so stay tuned!

Keep the feedback coming, guys! We really appreciate it.