Author Topic: Crimson Worlds  (Read 1255 times)

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
Crimson Worlds
« on: December 25, 2015, 04:00:27 pm »
http://www.crimsonworlds.com

I have started reading these books and they have been tremendously enjoyable.  They are scifi with a fair amount of land based combat, space based combat, and a little bit of why it maybe inevitable that any off-earth colony may seek independence (as the new world did from the old world/europe)

as a firestorm universe player, i find the Dindrenzi rebellion even more sympathetic now.
SG really should invest in having novels written in their universe.
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Worlds
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 11:35:28 pm »
Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at the Amazon page, and it sounds like an interesting series. Reminds me a bit of the Dirigent Mercenary Corps series.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 01:19:55 am by Landlubber »
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:38:26 pm »
Neat stuff! When I'm between books for THE EXPANSE, and need Sci fi, I'll take a look :-)

Maybe we need to (politely) harass Spartan to hire Craig Gallant or someone to write fiction for the Firestorm Verse. I mean, face it, the fiction and background is a big part of folks sticking to Warhammer 40K. And if BFG comes back, Spartan needs fiction to match!
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 01:55:09 pm »
Or...one of us could give it a try...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 02:49:30 pm »
The series also has a Directorate but rather than indie megacorporations it is the intelligence service of the western alliance.

Anyway, the proposed concept is that and extraterrestrial colonists would likely be hardy, independent, and risks takers, all traits that would make them rebel against far away earth.

It also as a touch of B5 in this regard.
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 09:37:55 am »
I'll have to check it out! I definitely agree, it is a real shame that Spartan hasn't found ways to expand the background for its games, especially FSA. The whole "colonies seeking independence" thread is also popping up in the new SyFy series The Expanse, it seems.