Author Topic: New Years Gaming Resolutions  (Read 1097 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
New Years Gaming Resolutions
« on: December 23, 2015, 05:41:55 pm »
The New Year is right around the corner! Do any of you have a gaming-related resolution to share?

One of mine is to play more games in 2016 than in 2015! That number would be at least 15.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: New Years Gaming Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 10:38:54 pm »
Here goes:

Fully Painted for

-- 1 Relthoza Planetfall
-- 2 Brittania Battlegroups
-- 3 Zenian Fleets
-- 4 UNSC Elements
and
Fiiive Malifaaaaauuux Crewwwwwsssss ....

"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 11:16:39 pm »
I really want to get my Directorate finished... Doubtful, but maybe. And of course more games ;) It helps that I can get my son to play with me whenever, but it's tough to make it to the shop sometimes for a game. The big thing is just getting more painted though, I love to paint, but time is hard to come by and I'm such a nutter when it comes to it so it tends to take me forever. Plus my pile keeps growing. Maybe that will be it for me, I will not buy anything else till all my ships are painted... Unless something else comes out that I just have to have.  ;D
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 01:19:50 pm »
I have several:
* Play more of anything, should not be too hard to accomplish.  There's a good bunch of guys in town who are pretty active.
* Paint more stuff.  Seeing as how all I accomplished in 2015 was the assembly and priming of a few dozen DW and FA ships, it's not a stretch.
* In a nod to Lubber, continue my quest to own all resin (with a few nods to plastic and metal).

In all seriousness, I'd be thrilled if I got one complete faction built, painted and played from DW, FA, B5W, BFG, FT, SFB and the Dropfleet Commander ship game.  Also get in a few games of Planetfall (to see if I'll bite), a few more of Halo (same) and I'd like to try X-Wing and SW Armada as well.

I'll close with my last goal, that being taking some Dice Wytch classes at the local Community College or "coercing" the local wytches (you know who you are) to share their secrets.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 01:59:22 pm »
I need to get my FSA fleet for Dystopian Wars painted. And I want to play more Deep Wars.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama