Author Topic: MBS Podcast Episode 22  (Read 797 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
MBS Podcast Episode 22
« on: September 04, 2017, 12:28:53 pm »
Greetings! In Episode 22 of the MBS Podcast, Greg and Andy start off with a discussion of the pros and cons of the movement systems used in various naval games. Later, they discuss a recent trend in miniature gaming, where companies release linked ground and naval games.

Naval Mechanics: Movement: 49 Min

Linked Naval/Ground Gamest: 1 Hr 30 Min

Ruckdog's Report: 2 Hr 6 Min

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2017/09/04/episode-22/

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Podcast Episode 22
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 01:42:52 am »
Another great episode guys, and I'm glad to hear I'll be getting two podcasts a month now.  Just thought I'd put in a mention for Battletech too, since it has intergrated naval and ground rules.  I know the bigger focus is on the ground, but that's more a fluff thing, and it scales from grand strategy down to rpg too. 
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

voidstarsinger

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 22
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Podcast Episode 22
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 07:13:35 am »
full thrust has a option to use a vector movement  which allows ships to move the same as the BSG fighters did in the reboot , i think its in fleet book one , and link to ground warfare  in the more thrust book using gzg's dirt side rules , dont recall ever using them . (ps both are free to download from gzg )
take this ship to where the fire is at its heaviest  that where we can make a difference