Author Topic: 2016 Winners  (Read 3387 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
2016 Winners
« on: April 18, 2016, 06:01:11 am »
Congratulations to Nicolas, Captain Dan, Shinnentai, and Last Rites for winning your respective categories in the People's Choice Voting! You will be contacted shortly regarding your prizes.

Hetairoi

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Hetairoi Wargames
Re: 2016 Winners
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 01:56:05 am »
Congratulations chaps!  :D

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 11:49:37 am »
Indeed, Congrats!
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 02:29:38 pm »
Hear, hear. (Or is it here, here?). Some beautiful entries this year. Last Rites, I would have won that steampunk category if not for your sub. But I don't mind losing to a model that nice. The "underway" water effect on the base is simply outstanding.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Danaussie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 07:46:10 pm »
Indeed Congratulations to this years winners, its strange from an observers point of view, you kind of tip the winners or who the winners should be I should say and its always great to have tipped the winners for all the categories.

Congratulations to Nicolas as the overall winner with his Directorate entry, some amazing painting in anyones language also to Captain Dan, a special acknowledgement however goes out to Shinnentai as an artist I have admired for many years I was glad that he finally took out his category this year. He is quite possibly the best Historical Naval Miniature Artist I have ever seen who turns out this calibre of high quality work time and time again. So my sincere congratulations to him. Finally my congratulations to Last Rites also for winning his category, an exemplary artist with exceptional skills one only need check out his gallery here at MBS to understand what I am talking about.

Lastly a very big thank you to all contestants in this years competition, I think Ruckster would agree with me when I say that there are never any losers in a competition such as this, just a brilliant showcase of amazing work by amazing artists. Each of you has achieved a whole new standard by entering the arena of competition and putting forward your absolute best, nothing makes us reach for that little bit extra than competition, I didn't see a single entry that did not deserve to be there, fantastic work guys. A very big thank you also to the judges for dedicating their time on what must have been a very hard competition to judge, and finally thank you to Ruckster for dedicating so much of his time, effort and expense to maintaining quite possibly the best online naval painting contest in the world. Congratulations mate on yet another successful year for MBS.

The winner will have their prize of an Aussieminis 7 Pacific Island Scenery Package sent out first thing on Monday the 25th of April (hehehe ANZAC Day here in Australia), as soon as I receive shipping details for the recipient.

Cheers guys

Dan

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 06:17:46 am »
Hello again! Just to be clear, our team of judges is finishing up their work for the Admiral's choice competition, and should be done by Sunday. Once done, the winners of the Admiral's and Commander's awards will be announced, and all winners will be contacted regarding their prizes.

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 09:26:42 am »
Congrats folks, some beautiful work on here!
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 11:50:19 am »
Another great showing from all in this years painting competition! I am humbled by the votes received, and thankful to be up against such outstanding artists. My eyes were wide as i scrolled through looking at the presentations in the Steampunk category. Absolutely amazing job to all!

Nicolas, your work with the airbrush is brilliant. Would you mind putting up a tutorial for us?

Shinnentai, i am blown away by the line work you were able to achieve. This is something my shaky hands have not been able to achieve. While you were up against some tough competition, i felt that line work needed a round of applause.

You folks in the Fantasy category are masters of your craft. This was THE most difficult race for me to vote in. Truly inspiring work!

Extremely excited to get to work on some more resin, and even more so to see what else you all post throughout the year. It really appears that each of us is only getting better and better! Thank you all again.

Oh and before i forget, Happy Four Year Anniversary to Manbattlestations!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:55:33 am by Last Rites »
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Grgbobe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 02:55:39 am »
Congrats to all of the winners (so far)! 

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 02:04:54 pm »
(Drumroll Please)

I'm pleased to announce that Karun's Phalanx-class Battlestation is the winner of the Admiralty Award!

And, the Commander's Choice Award goes to Grgbobe for his excellent IJN Hiryu:

The winners, along with all of the entries, have been posted on the MBS Blog for easy reference:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2016/04/24/2016-painting-contest-winners/

Congrats to all our winners, and Thank You to all who participated. Emails will be going out shortly regarding prizes.

Captain Dan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 12:32:31 pm »
Thank you guys!

I should have replyed sooner but I have been out on a Firestorm Armada toruney this weekend (and still recovering, lol)  ;D

Danaussie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 07:00:53 am »
Sincere congratulations to this years winners, indeed congratulations to the winners of each category a virtual showcase of some of the best artists in the business and I'm so glad I did not have to judge this "To close to call" would probably be the understatement of the century. Well done everyone who submitted an entry.

It is my great pleasure to present to the winner with a 7 piece Pacific Islands Set worth $170.00US courtesy of my modest hobby business, , includes 1 x Pacific Islands Feature Piece (8-10 sector 300mm x 200mm), 2 x Pacific Islands Medium Pieces (3-4 sector 250mm x 130mm & 240mm x 120mm), 1 x Pacific Islands Small Piece (2 sector 140mm x 140mm), 1 x Pacific Islands Small Piece (2 sector 130mm x 100mm), 2 x Pacific Islands Small Pieces (1-2 sector 120mm x 50mm) & (1-2 sector 90mm x 80mm). The set is suitable for most historical tabletop miniature wargames, scale is most suitable to:

1:1800th Axis & Allies - War at Sea Miniatures
1:1800th Mongoose Publishing's Victory at Sea Miniatures
Panzerschiffe 1:2400th (all periods)
GHQ Micronauts 1:2400th (all periods)
Neptun/Navis Miniatures 1:1250th (all periods)
Sails of Glory 1:1000th
as well as other manufacturers

Aussieminis Naval War Game Scenery - 7 Pacific Islands Set

Cheers guys

Dan

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:01:22 pm by Danaussie »

Karun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 08:15:53 am »
Well, I'm very pleased because I'm the one who will receive them ;D
I'm sure it will be perfect for Dystopian wars, and I actually needed to make some terrain, and you spare me that !
So thank you very much Dan !!!
And thanks to MBS for that award, and for the gift certificate. I'm sure I won just because I submitted a battlestation :P

Bravo to every participant, that was good stuff all the way.

Cheers,
François
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:51:43 am by Karun »

Danaussie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 08:38:56 pm »
Hi Karun and all,

Guys I apologise for the delay in getting the pictures up, in truth I only finished the project last night after work, I plan on getting some pictures up as soon as the weather clears enough for me to get some decent images, and that will be tomorrow, Karuns Islands Set will then be packaged and shipped off to France the following day Monday being the earliest I can do this.

I'm glad you will get at least some use out of the Islands Karun, obviously as stipulated above the Island Set is more suitable for smaller scale historical Naval Miniature Wargames, the clump foliage on the Model Islands are designed and placed on as if you are looking down onto the Island from aircraft height, in other words they are representative of forests and small tree clusters not brush or bush as they will be when using Dystopian Wars miniatures, however, I had accounted for this to some degree. Who knows maybe Karun has some mates that also play Historical Naval Wargames or maybe even start to collect Historical, either way I hope he will like the time and effort that has gone into this set.

Once again sorry for the delay chaps, and congratulations once again to Karun.

Dan