Author Topic: War at Sea Battle Report  (Read 1391 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
War at Sea Battle Report
« on: May 25, 2012, 04:12:31 pm »
Hey all! I just posted a battle report on the blog about a couple of games I played with wargammer55 yesterday. Check it out!

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2012/05/25/war-at-sea-germany-vs-great-britain/

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: War at Sea Battle Report
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 09:52:44 pm »
This is the first batrep of the A&A naval game I've read or seen.  I got as far as reading the rules but never played.  Maybe it's time I tried it.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:50:12 am »
It is a lot of fun, though you have to be careful about the CMG aspect of it a it can be quite addictive! The game is in an interesting state of flux right now; no one is sure that WotC is going to do another set. However, the W@S community is strong enough that it has taken matters into its own hands by creating new units on Shapeways and even creating a new deck of expansion cards! So, unlike your typical CMG it seems that this game has gotten a large enough following that it will have some life even after WotC decides to end its official support. Hmmm...I'm sensing another blog post or two here ;).

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 07:39:18 pm »
Well, it might be time for me to start collecting some 20th century ships, especially considering they're relatively inexpensive and easy to procure (I'm still waiting for my special order of pewter 1/1200 scale 17th century galleons...).  Although I must admit that the stuff I've been seeing for Dropzone Commander has me thinking a bit more about trying out sci-fi tabletop gaming.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:18:00 am by MadDrB »