Poll

What are you most looking forward to from the advancement of the DW timeline and the Battle for Africa campaign?

New Naval Models
2 (22.2%)
New Land Models
2 (22.2%)
New Aerial Models
0 (0%)
More Background Material
3 (33.3%)
More Unique Commanders
0 (0%)
Giraffe-Shaped Recon Tanks
1 (11.1%)
Other
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: October 31, 2016, 07:02:57 pm

Author Topic: Monthly Poll #5: What do you Want from the new Dystopian Wars announcements?  (Read 1343 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Welcome to the 5th Monthly Poll! This time around, we are asking what you would most like from the new Dystopian Wars initiatives announced by Spartan Games, such as the advancement of the DW timeline and the start of a new campaign in Africa!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:08:14 pm by Ruckdog »

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
I'm excited to see where this takes the background of the game. New models will be neat, even new minor powers would be awesome. I really can't wait to see where it takes the game from a background and campaign standpoint though. What I am really hoping for is a more hands on approach from Spartan to the development of the story and narrative play.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
New models would be cool. Scenarios are better. Background is critical. New powers and new models would be best.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
I voted for the giraffe-shaped recon tanks.  :D

On a more serious note, I would certainly like to see new background material, but I'd rather see new factions/nations. Some land-based African nations would be great--especially if they incorporate natural elements into their units' design, like I mentioned on the podcast.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Scenarios and campaign rules.  The main reason I threw away 40k in favour of dystopian wars was the potential for campaign games. 
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
I think a new campaign system would be great...while the narrative campaigns that have been published so far have been awesome, none of them have been updated for DW 2.0, and could therefore use a refresh. I'm also hopeful that we will get a more generalized campaign system; the previous campaigns have all been a step-by-step series of scenarios, more of a narrative campaign really. I would love to see a map-based campaign system that is a little more free-form!

Sailion

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Voted! heh :D

Went for new naval models, um.. thought campaigns, scenarios and expansions would be nice too. ^_^

Sailion
World of warships: Sailion (EU)

Firestorm armada:
- Directorate
- Hawker industries, Ryushi & Terquai
- Works Raptor
- Syndicate

Dystopian wars:
- Denmark
- Polish & Lithuian
- French
- Italians