Author Topic: Project Jutland - A Grand Fleet Review  (Read 1658 times)

Yarkshire Gamer

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 10
    • View Profile
Project Jutland - A Grand Fleet Review
« on: September 22, 2016, 12:41:44 pm »

http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/project-jutland-grand-fleet-review.html

Well after finishing the ships it would be rude after doing a High Seas Fleet Review not to return the complement to the Royal Navy and do a Grand Fleet Review.

So here in glorious technicolour for your delectation is all 151 ships of the British Fleet which took part in the mighty battle.

The Battle Line is just over 12 ft long when set out, putting the ships out on the table has given us some food for thought for both the Static display and our refights. There are a couple of shots at the end of the post with all 250 ships on my 12 x 6 table, there's not a lot of room to manoeuvre.

The post is picture Heavy so if you like looking at ship models your in for a treat :-)

This is the final post of the build / paint phase of the project (thank God I hear you say !) so let me take the opportunity to thank all of you who have followed the Project, your kind comments and encouragement have helped keep me going.

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Project Jutland - A Grand Fleet Review
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 05:15:46 pm »
Ken, this is a truly impressive achievement! Great work. I look forward to hearing how your re-fights go!

Yarkshire Gamer

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 05:34:35 pm »
No worries I will put something up as we get chance to game it, hopefully I will speak to you soon for full updates.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 11:17:12 am »
That's a LOT of ships. My hat is off to you sir, very impressive achievement. Will you post pictures from FIASCO?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Yarkshire Gamer

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 12:53:28 am »
Hi, thanks for your kind comments, it was good to have a chat about the project yesterday.

There will definitely be further updates on the project over the coming year. I am just in the process of finalising the scenarios we are going to use for the game, "Run to the South", "Run to the North" and "Fleet Action" so these will go up as they are done along with any trips out the game gets.

Cheers Ken