Author Topic: Spartan April Releases!  (Read 1512 times)

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
Spartan April Releases!
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:37:21 am »
The Aquans have a freakin tripod for their Leviathan!  Oh Yeah Baby!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Spartan April Releases!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:32:26 pm »
Very War of the Worlds. I'm surprised they went with a tripod walker, though...but it's still very cool. Can't wait to see it all painted up, I know you'll do a great job. The Sorylian 6-legged dinosaur and the Relthoza scorpian Leviathans look very cool as well.

And...we have heavy bombers!!! And my FSA is getting a new heavy destroyer to go along with them!

"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:39:38 pm »
Wow, I got so excited by the tripod I didn't even notice the DW stuff.  I may have to pick up that Prussian bomber set.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 04:32:16 pm »
Wow, I got so excited by the tripod I didn't even notice the DW stuff.  I may have to pick up that Prussian bomber set.

Yes, we'll have much to discuss tomorrow as we're sinking each others' ships!

It's interesting...Spartan announced in February that they have the license to do the Halo miniatures game. That announcement was followed very quickly--within days, if I recall correctly--with the announcement of the March releases, which covered Dystopian Wars, Dystopian Legions, Planetfall, and Firestorm Armada. Then, in the announcement of the April releases, Spartan is going to release a significant number of box sets for Legions, Wars, and Planetfall. These two announcements, I believe, cover more models than Spartan has announced in quite awhile.

It's almost as if they're trying to reassure their customer base that they can still support all their current games AND start releasing Halo models as well. Indeed, as Neil said on the D6G podcast, the negotiations with Microsoft/Bungie/343 Industries had been going on for nearly a year prior to the announcement, and in that time they put out DW 2.0, Firestorm 2.0, Legions 2.0, and Planetfall (obviously some of that had to have been started prior to the negotiations for the Halo IP, but still...2014 was a big year for Spartan, if you look at it in whole).

I'm certainly not complaining--I'm digging the loads of new models we're seeing. Just an observation. And I think it's good that they're doing this, because alot of people are wondering if they aren't stretched too thin.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:42:06 pm by Landlubber »
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 11:04:05 pm »
Definitely war of the worlds. But I hate to say it, I personally am not a fan of the Aquan Leviathan. It has an awkward look to me, with no clear knee joints.
The DW stuff is pretty cool. It's intriguing to me that the Prussians and Covenant got light carriers (something I love) and the French got two sets of bombers.

I agree with you Landlubber, I think It's cool that they are pushing so many new things out with the Halo announcement looming.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 11:20:45 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna need a second job.

Delta

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 12:08:52 am »
Honestly, I have yet to see a Planetfall model that i remotely like, and these new ones don't change that. I really like the new DW models. Man does Spartan have game creating ADD!

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 05:23:12 pm »
It has an awkward look to me, with no clear knee joints.

Its all overlapping segments to make the whole leg more tentacular. i.e. it's ALL knee joints!

I likey. Very alien, and as aquatic as you can look on land. Plus, I bet its fully amphibian for when they add water rules.

Maybe we'll see rules tomorrow/later this week...
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 11:31:46 pm »
I can imagine how this thing looks when it strides (or is that slithers) across the open ground. Gives me the creeps haha.