Author Topic: Armada Campaign: Fight for the Rift  (Read 481 times)

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
Armada Campaign: Fight for the Rift
« on: August 27, 2021, 02:36:23 pm »
Mantic has opened up their global campaign Halpi's Rift, and while it is mainly focused on Kings of War, I was glad to see that they have included Armada in the campaign tracker.

https://www.kow-campaign.manticgames.com/campaign/fight-for-the-rift/

There are four sea regions included from their new world map, and the campaign supports reports from six fleets (five current, and one pre-release) over five different scenarios.  Even though there are twenty base scenarios now, the first five they selected for the campaign are all different, scoring by enemies destroyed, damage to a neutral target, proximity, pickups, and target survival.

I am not prepared to participate in this campaign, but am definitely looking forward to the next one.
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
Re: Armada Campaign: Fight for the Rift
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 07:26:57 pm »
The results from the campaign are being posted now from the Armada portion, and I found the most interesting of the statistics up so far were the scenarios played...

...over half of the games reported were the most traditional of all the scenarios available at present, Maritime Patrol, which scores based on the points cost of ships sunk or damaged.  The least popular scenario, Capture the Kraken, scores based on damage inflicted on a neutral monster in addition to ships sunk, and the others score by pickups, proximity, or unit survival.  Unlike most tournament statistics where the scenarios are set across the event by the organizer, there were no requirements on what should be played as all of the results were self-reported, so these should be reflecting the preferences of the participants.

There are no total numbers on the players or faction choices yet, just percentages, but they may be coming out with more analysis via their podcast.  Overall, Mantic has put up as much of the results as could be expected, and the campaign site looks like it is built to accommodate future events.
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Armada Campaign: Fight for the Rift
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 07:57:13 pm »
Interesting! It's always fun to watch these kinds of events develop.