Author Topic: Star Wars Armada 2022 and beyond...  (Read 403 times)

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
Star Wars Armada 2022 and beyond...
« on: August 20, 2021, 11:47:34 pm »
Atomic Mass Games released the following today on the future of Armada...

As we move into 2022 and beyond, we are excited to continue support of Star Wars: Armada by prioritizing reprints of existing products and through Organized Play initiatives.  However, we currently do not have any new Armada products in development.  We will provide additional information as it becomes available.

...I would have posted a link, but Atomic Mass only posted an image of the message on social media.  There still isn't any dedicated page on any of the legacy Star Wars games they were assigned on their site, besides the press releases, but I am positive it is only a matter of time.  It hasn't even been 10 months since the first announcement and these things take time, apparently.
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Star Wars Armada 2022 and beyond...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 06:32:00 pm »
There has been some clarification coming out of AMG the last day or so that their statement was intended to say that there won't be any new releases in 2022, not ever. So, we'll see.

TBH, Armada has weathered release droughts that have been almost that long already, and the fact that the product line seems to sell out a number of items pretty quickly suggests the demand for the game is still strong.

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Armada 2022 and beyond...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 01:20:43 pm »
This does not bode well for retaining the License long term though.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing