Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Sky Relics Fleet Core  (Read 1485 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
[Kickstarter] Sky Relics Fleet Core
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:00:29 pm »
Sky Relics is back on kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/627279234/sky-relics-fleet-core

This is the third attempt the creator has made at getting this game into production. Its a very intriguing premise! I definitely plan on backing this one.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:35:01 pm by Ruckdog »

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [Kickstarter] Sky Relics Fleet Core
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:16:54 pm »
Greetings to all,

Received a shipment of Sky Relics a few days ago and wanted to share.

I'll start of by saying I was concerned about this this coming in since I backed the project on the 3rd attempt and It took some time for this to come close to completion.  However this shipment was not the kickstarter Core Set. This was an additional set I purchased from the Sky Relics store.  SO yes, I haven't yet received the kickstarter set yet but they are selling and shipping sets out now.  ???

Packaging:
Appear to be made by the Sky Relic's team, It's a flat card stock that was hand folded and plastic wrapped.  Good thing with the plastic wrap as the flaps was loose.  Not a huge issue as I'm sure it's more cost effective. However the data cards are made from the same stock and hand cut, so none of them are the same size or square.

Minis:
Below is the set of 3 on top, the bottom 2 was extra and came with a thank you for the order.  Again It's great that they did that, but I'm a backer without the Kickstarter set yet...

- Quality, I don't work with a lot of resin.  Injected and metal here with the only resin being from the Dystopian line.  So I looked these over and didn't get a warm fuzzy, again Not an expert on resin, so maybe someone here can look and give a qualified eval.  What I did see was several places that looked "Smugged" and bent.  Several parts was not straight.  I know Reapers bone line can be fixed with some hot water, but any fix to bent resin?  Photos below.

Stands:
The bases are what looks to be flexible black rubber with a clear plastic rod (Seen above).  The small ships will have no issues, but larger ones seem to be a tad unstable.  The directions in the box stated to use shorter rods for large ships but all the rods are the same so you will have to cut them down.

Overall this is a start up company, I had hoped for fairly clean miniatures but this wasn't the case.  I would also love to be able to go over the rules but until I get the Core set sent to me that will have to wait.

Stitch
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:18:53 pm by Stitch_Reloaded »
I find accuracy increases exponentially when more rounds are placed down range.

voidstarsinger

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 08:56:36 am »
some resin can be fixed the same way hot water but its tricky make sure you have cold water ready and a flat surface just in case 
take this ship to where the fire is at its heaviest  that where we can make a difference

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 10:11:10 am »
Good, I'll have a go at it this weekend.  Don't know if it's visible from the photo, but the one on the bottom left has one side that droops.
Can't leave it that way.  It would bug me every time I looked at it.
I find accuracy increases exponentially when more rounds are placed down range.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 04:59:16 am »
Interesting! I’m a backer as well, and haven’t received any shipments as yet. It seems I have a little more experience with resin than you do, and the casts you have there look to be on the low end of Average to me. As for bending issues, some resins can be re-shaped using the hot water/cold water method, so it might be worth a try if the warps in the pieces bother you too much.