Author Topic: SPARTAN CLOSING  (Read 15893 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: SPARTAN CLOSING
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2017, 06:30:53 am »

This checks with what SeerK (ex-Spartan Linde) knew when I spoke to him during our EDR recording session last night.

Looking forward to hearing the new episode. Do you know when you might publish it?

I need to finish editing it and then turn it over to the network. If I can get that done today, then it could be live by the end of the week. More likely it will be early next week though.

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2017, 06:31:06 am »
That tallies differently to other accounts I have heard via the grapevine Elessar.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2017, 11:19:24 am »
So no one bought the whole company minus Halo?
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2017, 12:15:48 pm »
It'd be nice if Neil or someone could issue a statement (when purchases are signed) and separate fact from fiction. Guess we just have to wait.

If IP's have been bought, but not molds or ship designs or even rules, then you could see a reissue with *completely* different models.

Nothing I've seen or heard so far indicates a true "rescue" for anything.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2017, 09:53:24 pm »
I'm not holding out any hope for either of the Halo games.

Over on the Halo Fleet and Ground groups on Facebook, one of the group members claimed to have spoken with some 343 reps at PAX West. He caveated this information by saying that nothing is "official", but apparently the 343 folks told him that both Halo games died with Spartan Games. If there are any Halo miniatures games in the future, they won't follow Fleet Battles or Ground Command.

Take that as you will. I'm sure the lawyers have tied up all of it in legal limbo that nobody but other lawyers understands and we'll likely never see either game resurface.

Or maybe I'm just being extremely pessimistic.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2017, 01:12:50 am »
The Halo games were not listed as being available for purchase. Only:
• firestorm armada and planetfall
• dystopian wars and legion

Note uncharted seas were not listed either
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Amiral X

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2017, 12:45:51 pm »
I'm not holding out any hope for either of the Halo games.

Over on the Halo Fleet and Ground groups on Facebook, one of the group members claimed to have spoken with some 343 reps at PAX West. He caveated this information by saying that nothing is "official", but apparently the 343 folks told him that both Halo games died with Spartan Games. If there are any Halo miniatures games in the future, they won't follow Fleet Battles or Ground Command.

Take that as you will. I'm sure the lawyers have tied up all of it in legal limbo that nobody but other lawyers understands and we'll likely never see either game resurface.

Or maybe I'm just being extremely pessimistic.

It's not very complicated, licence contract often include a paragraph saying that the licence could not be transfered or sold to any third party... MS have probably do it this way, making any resuraection of Halo completly impossible without a new deal with them...