Author Topic: Mobile Modeling Station  (Read 1290 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Mobile Modeling Station
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:58:33 pm »
Hey all! It has been a while...

So, my wife and I just moved to a new house in New Hampshire, and I discovered that my new Man Cave is not quite big enough to have a modeling table permanently set up and still have room for a gaming table. My solution to this was to take an old TV stand I have had for years, and covert it into a mobile hobby station. Here is the unmodified cart:

And here is a picture of the finished product, with a wood superstructure to support my modeling tray and magnifier/light:

Among the changes I made are swapping out the POS plastic caster wheels that came with the cart for some much nicer metal ones, replacing the flimsy cardboard back with wood, and installing a slide-out tray for my tool box for easy access:

Overall, I would say the conversion is a success! Now it can just nestle in a corner of the room when it is time to pull out the gaming tables.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile Modeling Station
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:31:04 am »
Nice.  Necessity is the mother of invention!

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile Modeling Station
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 01:49:12 pm »
Good choice in a tackle box. I had that model for the longest time. I had to upgrade and now it stands in as a project box for art major now.

Plano makes some of the best ones for our hobby. If you use odd shaped bottles or tools, take them with you and test the fit. Saves you from worries later.

Stitch
I find accuracy increases exponentially when more rounds are placed down range.