Author Topic: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread  (Read 126679 times)

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2015, 11:53:07 pm »
Thanks for taking the initiative on that Landlubber.  Let me know if I can do anything to help.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2015, 12:47:38 am »
I can field whatever we need for balance: Russians, Blazing Sun or Antarcticans.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2015, 10:21:44 am »
I can field whatever we need for balance: Russians, Blazing Sun or Antarcticans.

Ah, but will it be painted?   ;)

Greg, I can plan to get there early and I'll bring what terrain I have in case we want some islands with buildings on them.

For everyone else, I'm definitely bringing my Prussian Air Force as my Core force if anyone would like to try and challenge me for supremacy in the air. 

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2015, 12:19:30 pm »
Alright. I can get there a little early as well.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2015, 09:10:04 pm »
Stephan, Quickdraw, thank you. The location will DEFINITELY be Collectormania; Enchanted Grounds doesn't have room for us. Collectormania opens at 1000, I will plan to be there at opening also.

Stephan, yes, please bring your islands, we'll need them, and I can't remember what kind of terrain Collectormania has on hand.

I will post up the scenario, objectives, and house rules on this thread by tomorrow evening; I need to organize my thoughts and have the whole thing proofread.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2015, 11:28:26 pm »
                                                                         CRISIS IN THE ATLANTIC!

An independent exploration team, scouring the seafloor of the South Atlantic, has located a cache of valuable sturginium crystals in the middle of the Parker Island Group. Unfortunately, both the Grand Coalition and Imperial Bond were holding fleet exercises in waters nearby, and the exploration team's wireless transmissions were intercepted by both Coalition and Bond radio operators. Our correspondent embedded on the Coalition's flagship says both fleets are now bearing down at flank speed on this lonely corner of the ocean, ready to stake their claim--by massed broadside, if necessary--to this incredible strategic asset...

=============

OK, we're on for Collectormania in Parker this Saturday, 21 March. A few of us will be there right at 1000 to reserve the table, but I would like us to try to start rolling dice by 1130 if possible.

The scenario will be "capture and hold". We will set up islands in a large ring in the center of the table. The islands will be big enough that nothing can shoot over them/see over them except aerial models (and any models that can conduct indirect fire, provided they have a spotter).

Forces will be arrayed as Grand Coalition vs Imperial Bond. Any Free Nations forces will be divided up between the GC and IB fleets so we have an even number of players on both sides (or as close as possible).

Each player will field one "battlegroup" of up to 550 points (if you have to go over by a few points, that's OK, but let's try to keep it at 550). Battlegroup composition must follow these rules:

-must be a core aerial or a core naval force
-can consist of core aerial with naval support, or core naval with aerial support; not required to have both aerial and naval models (so all naval or all aerial models are fine)
-core force must contain at least one small, one medium, and one large/massive squadron
-each battlegroup can contain any mix of IB or GC models, ignoring minor power "close ally" rules (see page 135 in the admiral's edition [non-hardback] of the DW 2.0 rules for a list of fleets for each faction)
-battlegroups cannot mix IB and GC models
-each battlegroup can bring one SAS squadron in support, in addition to any SAS models provided by carriers in the battlegroup

In order to speed up play, each activation will consist of one GC and one IB player activating a squadron from their battlegroup, as long as they are not targeting each other's models and the simultaneous activations won't interfere with the activating squadrons' firing phase. Also, we will not use TAC cards or National Commodore Abilities.

Victory conditions:

The objective for each fleet is to control the center of the board, inside the island ring. At the end of each turn, the fleet with the majority of models in the center (at least 5 ships more than the opposing fleet, naval or aerial) will be awarded points as follows:

1 point for each small squadron (must be at least half of its starting strength)
2 points for each medium squadron (must be at least half of its starting strength)
3 points for each large/massive model (must have at least half of its hull points remaining)

If neither fleet has a majority, no points will be awarded to either fleet for that turn.

We will play for 7 turns, or until one fleet becomes combat ineffective, or until we run out of time.

What you need to bring:

-One battlegroup for either the Grand Coalition or the Imperial Bond. If you want to bring one of each, in order to jump in on either side, that's fine (I'll likely have a battlegroup built for both fleets just in case).

-Dice, tape measure, and Dystopian Wars tokens. If you are lacking any of these, that's OK, other players can likely help you out.

-ACTIVATION MARKERS. We're probably going to have a LOT of squadrons on the board, so it will be vital to mark which squadrons have been activated. I don't care what you use--Litko markers, beads, pebbles, dice, shrunken skulls, whatever. Just bring something that will work for this requirement.

-Dystopian Wars 2.0 rulebook, if you have one.

-Statistics for the models that make up your battlegroup. Remember to bring the stats to cover ALL the factions you will have in your battlegroup, in case you are mixing factions.

We'll probably organize a pizza delivery at some point in the afternoon for anyone who is interested, so bring cash if you'd like to pitch in for that. Also, if you've not been to Collectormania before, they have snacks and sodas on site (cans of soda are $0.50, I think).

That's it! If you have any questions, drop them in the thread here or send me a PM. Hope to see as many people as possible on Saturday!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:02:40 am by Landlubber »

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2015, 11:11:19 pm »
Yay for the big game! I should be there about 1000

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »
Many thanks to Greg for putting together a great scenario today, and thanks to Mark, Jason, and Chris for playing!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2015, 10:05:29 pm »
Many thanks to Greg for putting together a great scenario today, and thanks to Mark, Jason, and Chris for playing!

It was my pleasure. Thanks to everyone for coming out, and for muddling through the scenario I put together. My goals were 1) to get a good-sized group of us together, 2) to have as many factions represented as possible, and 3) to have fun! I think we accomplished all three.

I'll have a battle report up soon. 

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 21, 2015, 11:17:35 pm »
I had a great time too. Even though every single PLC squadron was wiped out. Looking forward to the report and the next time we get together!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2015, 12:41:28 pm »
OK folks, time to start thinking about April! Collectormania doesn't have their schedule up yet for April, but I figure we can start kicking dates around now.

We had talked last Saturday about looking to get together in the second half of the month. Looking at my schedule for April, Sundays will work better for me. I am free the 19th and the 26th.

Let us know what works best for you in April!

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2015, 02:02:05 pm »
The 19th and 26th are the best days for me.

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2015, 06:51:39 pm »
The 19th and 26th will work for me also.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2015, 11:06:00 pm »
Both work, but the 26th looks a bit better for me.

DarkKnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2015, 03:51:33 pm »
As of now both work