Poll

Here are the four finalists. Good luck to all!

Grgbobe's IJN "What-if" Battle Line
Andrewchristlieb's FA Directorate Fleet
Danaussies's HMS Renown
Last Rites's DW American Airship

Author Topic: FINAL Round!  (Read 3041 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
FINAL Round!
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:35:03 pm »
Grgbobe's IJN "What-if" Battle Line

Andrewchristlieb's FA Directorate Fleet

Danaussies's HMS Renown

Last Rites's DW American Airship

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: FINAL Round!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:19:10 pm »
Okay! It has been a couple of days with no more votes. Time to declare the winners.

1st: Danaussie
2nd: Last Rites
3rd: Andrewchristlieb
Honorable Mention: Grgbobe

Congratulations!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:43:43 pm »
Congratulations Danaussie!

And let me take this opportunity to say that all the entries this year were excellent.  As I posted before, I wouldn't mind seeing more pics of these vessels in the Showcase section of the forum.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Danaussie

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 02:08:03 am »
Okay! It has been a couple of days with no more votes. Time to declare the winners.

1st: Danaussie
2nd: Last Rites
3rd: Andrewchristlieb
Honorable Mention: Grgbobe

Congratulations!

I am truly honored guys thank you very much to everyone that voted for HMS Renown. :) :) :)

During these competitions its hard to voice to anyone what your true feelings are about the fine work of the other artists without it feeling awkward so I prefer to keep those opinions to myself at least until all has been settled. So allow me if you will to voice those opinions now.

First of all to Last Rites, when I went through after posting my entry very late in the submissions stage, I saw this wonderful game piece, it was right then and there on day 1 (for me) that I had already declared his entry as the one to beat, frankly, The Renown is a wonderful game piece as it sits right here in front of me, and yes a lot of time went into painting it. But this entry of Last Rites was frankly amazing. So please allow me to offer my congratulations to him as this years runner up, well done mate, a fabulous fabulous fabulous job. :)

To Andrewchristlieb, its one thing to pull of a marvelous single model and pour all ones energy and concentration into it, but to churn that out on multiple models the way you did was fantastic, one needs to really study the photograh carefully to see the large amount of detail that has gone into this set, not only that but to achieve parity accross the whole fleet like he has done is no easy task having painted armies myself I know just how difficult this can be. A wonderful job on all of your models mate, absolutely stunning. Congratulations. :)

Finally to all the other contestants, you are all very talented artists, it was clear from the outset (and I commented as such at Forumini) that you all were artists with a high level of skill and that you all know what you are doing with the brush. My congratulations go out to all of you, you are all extremely good at what you do, I may have pulled out in front this year, but if the competition remains as stiff as it was in 2014, I dont fancy my chances next year....I will be here nonetheless.

Thank you to Ruckdog and all the team here at Man Battlestations for holding another wonderful competition for us all, many thanks to all of you.

Cheers everyone...thanks so much. :) :) :)

Dan

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:29:32 am »
Thanks to all for the votes, and participation! Thanks to Danaussie, for submitting such an incredible model! There was some really intense competition out there. Of which I would love to see more of in the Showcase section. Events like this I feel really help to bring the members of the forum together. Though distance may separate us, its still very nice to see what others are doing. Big thanks to Ruckdog for one making this forum, and two for hosting this contest! For those interested in more pics, I just updated an old post to the Showcase with more images. Now that the contest has come to an end, don't stop painting!!!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 08:40:33 am »
Congrats everyone and thanks to everyone that participated and voted. Special shout out to Ruckdog for organizing this and to all the admin for building a place for all naval wargaming, showcased by these submissions which cover so many genres. There are some spectacular entrants and I am humbled just to be included with these fine folks.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Grgbobe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »
Thanks for the contest; it's always fun to put your work up against others'!  Some awesome entries here and I'm excited I made the finals.

Grgbobe