Author Topic: Stay-at-home Painting  (Read 1607 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Stay-at-home Painting
« on: April 01, 2020, 12:18:22 am »
I hope all of you out there are safe and practicing your social distancing! During this time where most of us are home a lot more, hopefully we all have time to whittle down the pile of unpainted models. Figured I'd get this thread started to see what everyone is working on.

For me, I'm working on finishing a Dystopian Wars oil rig that I started a couple years ago and (as usual) never finished:

So...anyone working on anything interesting?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

You Look Like A Nail

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Stay-at-home Painting
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 05:22:49 pm »
I have been getting some serious work done on the paint bench since all this came down.  Also, teaching my son to paint and to play DW (and rewriting the core rules and making new stat cards).  Got a lot of stuff off my workbench, some of which has been sitting there since 2013-ish (hello Charlemagne).  Also made some DW scale trees for the land game which turned out pretty well.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 01:42:42 am »
Yes, I think you posted these on Facebook as well, but I think I missed the pics of the tanks. Very nice work!

Yeah, looking around it seems a lot of gamers/hobbyists are making the most of this time to get projects off the workbench. My oil rig is almost done, just needs some weathering. Will post pics in the Showroom thread when it's complete.

Thanks for sharing!

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 07:18:01 pm »
Very nice!
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 08:01:50 pm »
My oil rig is finished! Check the shipyard for the final pics. Not sure what I'm going to work on next, although I have several options for Dystopian Wars alone...