Author Topic: Chaos Fleet Registry  (Read 5677 times)

Technotemplar

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Chaos Fleet Registry
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:02 pm »
"Something wicked this way comes..." Mysterious ghost signal detected in Gauguin global communication network, signal broadcasted for 6 milliseconds across all Imperial and Civilian channels, identity unknown.

Fleet Commander: Lord Sakarbaal the Carnal, Warmaster of Slaanesh
Leadership: TBD
Re-Rolls: 1
Renown: 0
Notes: Mark of Slaanesh, all enemy vessels within 15cm of the vessel bearing the Mark of Slaanesh suffer a -2 to their leadership value.

"The warp has been most unusual the past few weeks...almost like something or some one was bathing in it right next to our shipping lanes. Also, I swear that I saw ships suspended in the warp beyond our Geller field..." From the vid-diary of a merchant captain bound for Cultor 54 , the captain was found dead of unknown causes hours after recording this entry.

Known Vessels of Lord Sakarbaal's Pleasurefleet
+++ WARNING +++ FILES REQUESTED MARKED "TRAITORIS EXTREMIS" +++ DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH +++

FLAGSHIP
Class: Chaos Space Marine Battle Barge
Name: Queen Dido
Ld: UNKNOWN Pts: 475
Confirmed Sighting: 06-11-4012
Estimated Combat Potential: TBD
Notes: Emperor's Children Chaos Space Marine Crew, str. 8 prow torpedoes instead of usual lance armament, phenomenon classified "Veil of Lust" observed

+++ THE EMPEROR PROTECTS +++

Class: Chaos Repulsive Class Grand Cruiser
Name: Cannae
Ld: UNKNOWN Pts: 240
Notes: Enhanced Targeting Matrix Observed

Class: Chos Hecate Class Heavy Cruiser
Name: Jewel of Tyre
Ld: UNKNOWN Pts: 265
Notes: Emperor's Children Chaos Space Marine Crew

Class: Chos Hades Class Heavy Cruiser
Name: Baalat Gebal
Ld: UNKNOWN Pts: 200
Notes:

Class: Chos Carnage Class Cruiser
Name: Hamilcar
Ld: UNKNOWN Pts: 180
Notes:

Name: Hasdrubal
Notes:

Name: Hanno
Notes:

Name: Xanthippius
Notes:

Falcata Coven, squadron of 4 vessels
Class: Chaos Iconoclast Destoryers
Ld: UNKNOWN Pts: 100
Notes:

+++ END RECORD +++ THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: KNOWLEDGE OF CERTAIN DEFEAT DOES NOT EXCUSE DUTY

"Death to the False Emperor!" Words written in blood upon the walls of Cell Block 66 on Eagle Penal Colony following an unprovoked riot, all inmates immediately executed for heresy
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:42:20 am by Technotemplar »

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Fleet Registry
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 06:09:26 pm »
I really like the Carthaginian ship names--inspires me to consider a theme for my own fleet....

Technotemplar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:34:25 pm »
Thanks! I'm a double major in classics and history and I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Carthage, pity the Romans burned and salted everything leaving prescious few remnants for scholary types like us to obsess over :p

Technotemplar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:02:07 am »
+++ INQUISITORIAL FILE 67B +++
+++ TREATISE ON LORD SAKARBAALS WARBAND +++
+++ THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO HAVE NOT THE DESIRE FOR CHOICE IN LIFE, FOR CHOICE INVITES HERESY +++

Brothers,

In the Emperor's name I humbly submit this work so that future generations may be better armed with knowledge to resist the treasonous forces of Lord Sakarbaal of the Emperor's Children.

Lord Sakarbaal himself I believe to be one of the original members of that accursed Legion. Records, fragmentary as they may be, indite him as the warlord who took two entire hives on the EuroAtlantik continental shelf during the dark days of the Siege of Terra ten thousand years ago. Like the rest of his Legion he took part in the poorly understood Slave War between the treasonous forces following their defeat during the Horus Heresy. He has been encountered as part of various large Chaos forces since, usually in a high ranking role if not leading the crusade outright. Unlike other Emperor's Children warbands Sakarbaal's force has largely maintained their pre-heresy structure and discipline. They are fanatical devotees to the chaos entity known as Slaanesh, which may seem antithetical to the skill and discipline that Sakarbaal's contingent has exhibited in repeated campaigns against the Imperium.

This is the main subject of my treatise, and what makes this force such an abomination in the eyes of the Emperor. As stated in my previous work on the known dispositions of this Chaos war fleet, only the flagship bears a contingent of chaos space marines (anywhere from 2-5 thousand have been approximated, our sources are not clear). The rest of the fleet are crewed by un-enhanced humans. Initially the Holy and Righteous Inquisition believed these to be slaves or thralls as is the case with other traitor legions and renegade Astartes. However, interrogation of prisoners from the Silesian campaign reveal this not to be the case. The overwhelming majority of Sakarbaal's forces are WILLING servants of Slaanesh, who are fanatically devoted to their master and show no hesitation to fight to the last. That deity embodies lust, excess, and pleasure (indeed, those things are present in abundance: our intelligence suggests that each ship is a floating palace, and every Astartes member of Sakarbaal's retinue possesses a large harem, their master earned his epithet "the carnal" for the sheer size of his own). But Slaanesh also embodies the desire for adulation: which I believe  to be the most powerful motivator amongst this brood of traitors. As shocking as it may seem, there is a strong element of democracy in this warhost. It appears as though aboard each ship there is a democratic assembly of all the crew members that elects a pair of leaders for each vessel. These leaders in turn appoint the ships captain and all of the officers, and the results of these elections are generally supported and respected by the Astartes aboard the battle barge. The lust for popular support and the votes of the masses brings the favor of the Prince of Pleasure to this fleet, and worlds conquered by Sakarbaal are set up in a similar fashion. By giving the people a voice in their day to day lives, this sinister warmaster not only gains their fanatical loyalty (as he "freed" them from the shackles of the imperium) he also damns their souls to Slaanesh, as the great among them are forever thirsty for the adoration of their peers. Worlds that fall to this warhost are extremely hard to retake as once the Slaaneshi have established control and enfranchised the lower classes the populace will fight to the last to prevent the return of Imperial rule.

Sakarbaal was last seen in M. 38, carving out an empire in the ring of former Eldar worlds near the Eye of Terror (an empire that to a large extent has not been reclaimed by Imperial forces). That sightings of this warfleet closer to vital Imperial system is a matter of great concern. I will publish more on Sakarbaal himself in my next report.

Inquisitor Flavius Tiberius Aetius

+++ FILE END +++

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 01:21:20 pm »
Neat background story! Would you be okay with me putting it up on the blog? I was planning on covering the whole campaign there.

Technotemplar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 09:07:22 pm »
Sure! I'd be honored