Author Topic: Project Jutland - Live at Derby  (Read 882 times)

Yarkshire Gamer

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 10
    • View Profile
Project Jutland - Live at Derby
« on: October 22, 2017, 03:25:13 pm »

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/project-jutland-live-at-derby.html

Evening fellow Navallers,

The giant behemoth that is Jutland rolled out of the stocks into the show that is the Derby Worlds a couple of weeks ago.

I have done a full report on the game, it's set up and how we got on, liberally sprinkled with lots of pics of course  !

A great couple of days with a monster of a game. For you full on Naval geeks I have listed the damage to each of the ships involved. I have put it at the end so "normal" people can stop reading before hand.

Hopefully Project Jutland will see the light of day again, no plans as yet but I'm open to offers (mostly pie and beers based offers that is).

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Project Jutland - Live at Derby
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:59:09 pm »
Great look as always. I really want to see your rules.

Have you seen the Battle Stations! Battle Stations! rules? For really huge actions they are the best at fast resolution I've seen.

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 02:16:47 pm »
This is an amazing project, and the second time I have read about you pulling it out. 

Your quote here really gives you  feel for the scope of the battle
It certainly is a big game, concentrating on my bit of the action, I had no idea what was happening at the back of the German Line, the shell splashes and markers gave me an idea of where the action was but you got the feeling of being part of a much larger battle getting the odd over heard bit of information as a turret got hit or a 15" shell failed to explode.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Yarkshire Gamer

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 05:54:48 pm »
Cheers Guys,

As for other rules the answer is no, we have been settled on the same rules for WW2 for 25 plus years (the WW1 are just a extention of those) they work for us and if it ain't broke etc.

I think most will find them on the complicated side, but after so long playing them they are second nature to us. One day soon I will post them.

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer