Poll

Would you be ok with me modifying the board structure somewhat?

Yes! Things Could Use a Little Refreshing Around Here.
1 (50%)
No, I like the current organization.
0 (0%)
Other (discuss below)
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: July 25, 2023, 12:28:02 pm

Author Topic: Forum Reorganization  (Read 395 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Forum Reorganization
« on: June 25, 2023, 12:28:02 pm »
Hi all!

I've been contemplating some minor modifications to the boards lately. There are a few sub-boards that need to be archived (NOT deleted!), and I have also been thinking of splitting off the threads regarding various MBS media posts (YT, podcasts, etc) into a separate board instead of keeping them as a part of the General board.

What do you all think? Are there any other modifications that you'd like to see to the MBS forum?

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Reorganization
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 12:44:38 pm »
I think a separate board for MBS stuff makes sense.  Links to the YT page would be great! I always seem to fall behind there.   

In addition, I think the Warcradle Forums can get folded into the larger Naval Games section.  We need to keep diversifying with areas for Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Aeronef, Historical, Board Games (Like littoral Commander) and Aircraft.     

I think we should also move up the "Community" section so we can try and get a focus on painting and ongoing projects.  The showcase thread can probably just be built in.

However, the elephant in the room is that the board is dying like all boards across the internet. :( Perhaps you need to think about moving to a *gasp* Facebook Group page.  Yuck.  I don't really use Facebook so you might lose me BUT for the good of the MBS community it might make sense.

I also recommend an IG page and a Twitter account.  Often, you can use a Business Suite App or software to update all three platforms at once with 1-click. 

Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 07:39:39 pm »
Well, to be fair the ol' forums have never been the busiest in the world, but it is true that posting has kind of fallen off over the last couple of years.

In all honesty, I think I would prefer to move to a Discord rather than a FB gronp, if for my own sanity and convenience than no other reason! I notice that I'm doing the bulk of my wargaming posting and discussion on that platform these days. Reddit, FB, Insta, etc are very much secondary.

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 04:57:45 pm »
Discord would be fine for me as an alternative. 

However, I am a tech idiot, so you might have to draw me a picture on how to participate there. :)

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 05:16:42 pm »
The more I look over this place, the more I think it might be time to shut her down. 

>:(

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 11:42:58 pm »
The more I look over this place, the more I think it might be time to shut her down. 

>:(
I could not disagree moreā€¦ yes, I would like to see more posted up but I have not found anywhere else that touches on all the aspects of naval gaming half as well as the MBS forum.

As far as the form of the forum format goes (glad I am typing and not having to say that tongue twister) I have no strong opinion, just that the searchability remains for reference.
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 04:35:58 pm »
Not to worry, the forums aren't going anywhere ;). The hosting for the forums is paid as part of the general hosting for MBS. So, in that regards, they are a package deal.