Author Topic: Building the French  (Read 10678 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Building the French
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 05:25:14 pm »
The planes got a scheme based on the bombers; bleached bone with green markings.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »
Okay! So, for the foreseeable future, my RoF is going to be getting just about all of my modeling time! In progress right now is what I'm calling "Wave 3," and it consists of my Dreadnought, 2 armored cruisers, 3 support cruisers, and 2 medium flyers. Pictures to follow!

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 10:05:59 pm »
Pics, as promised. First up, here are the models primed, washed with a blue ink/glaze/whatever GW is calling it these days, and then 3 stages of drybrushing up through Ice Blue:

Next, here is a picture with the "camo" pattern blocked out in grey:

And finally, here they are with the grey areas washed in black to add some depth:

Next step will be to go back over the camo patches with white, to lighten them up. Then, it will be on to the part I'm really dreading...the decks. Especially on the dreadnought...there is a ton of crap to paint around on the deck of that thing! Anyway, I'm hoping I can get this batch of models done over the weekend, as I have another batch waiting in the "wings" ;).

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 07:24:37 pm »
Well, seeing your painted ships on the table has tipped the scales--I took advantage of the discount I got today for running demo games at the GV and picked up a naval starter box, blister of armoured cruisers, and a carrier.

I'm going to use a different color scheme--not sure yet, but I'm thinking of going with mostly white and gray, maybe with some blue trim.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:26:13 pm by MadDrB »

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 09:52:38 pm »
Awesome! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I've managed to get the decks done on this wave, so now it's on to the metallics, detail, and touch-up!

Sanguinary Dan

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 08:45:35 am »
Pics, as promised. First up, here are the models primed, washed with a blue ink/glaze/whatever GW is calling it these days, and then 3 stages of drybrushing up through Ice Blue:

Next, here is a picture with the "camo" pattern blocked out in grey:

And finally, here they are with the grey areas washed in black to add some depth:

Next step will be to go back over the camo patches with white, to lighten them up. Then, it will be on to the part I'm really dreading...the decks. Especially on the dreadnought...there is a ton of crap to paint around on the deck of that thing! Anyway, I'm hoping I can get this batch of models done over the weekend, as I have another batch waiting in the "wings" ;).
And!?  It's been nearly a year after all.  Did you finish them?  Sell them?  Eat them?  What happens next?  ???

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 01:21:30 am »
Hi Dan-

Ruckdog is away from the forums for the next few months, but I believe his finished RoF models can be found in the Showcase section of the forum.

Thanks for looking!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama