Author Topic: Chipping Away...  (Read 4942 times)

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chipping Away...
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 06:38:28 am »
Thanks for the heads up! Pre painted models are a big selling point, especially when they are well done. Just realized the set I picked up is for The Force Awakens. Wonder if it's compatible with the older models.
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 11:36:12 am »
From what I know it's definitely compatible. In fact, for organized play FFG is requiring people own a copy of the "updated" damage deck that came in that set specifically.
BACK ON TOPIC!!!
I like the different colors of your planes on the carrier. I was always weary of distinguishing squadrons by color but it looks pretty cool.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 12:06:06 pm »
Thanks for the heads up! Pre painted models are a big selling point, especially when they are well done. Just realized the set I picked up is for The Force Awakens. Wonder if it's compatible with the older models.

From what I've read on the Fantasy Flight Games site, the models in that box set are compatible. I think FFG is going the same route as Spartan Games in that they aren't going to make any models obsolete or incompatible. But yeah, there are updated damage cards and updated rules that I think come along with that game.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 10:47:52 pm »
Good to know that the new box can work with the older models! That is exactly the squad I got, and the new models look great from the pics. Looking forward to seeing them in person!!

I'm really happy with the direction the SAS are going. Spartan puts tokens with just about everything so have plenty to try different ideas. Problem is coming up with the schemes... With the red planes I have been playing them as fighters, the green as dive bombers, then not sure on the rest.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 09:25:14 am »
Been a while since posted any updates on DW ships. With all the changes with Spartan decide to get back to it!

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 12:15:02 pm »
Nice!
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

WestAustralian

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 12:33:50 am »
Wow, lots of colours in that scheme
Looking good, keep the updates coming
Spartan is gone, but I still Paint on.