Author Topic: Stellar Cartography (Campaign Map) - Starting Systems?  (Read 1771 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Stellar Cartography (Campaign Map) - Starting Systems?
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:33:34 pm »

STRATEGIC STAR LANES:

KITTERY REACH: Due to the isolated nature of Kittery-804 and the increasing Warp disturbances noted in the sub-sector, traveling out of the system has become increasing more difficult. Non-raiding fleets that launch a challenge either into or out ofKittery-804 have the following points penalties: Raid: -50 points; Battle:-100 points. However, the daring nature of a strike from or on Kittery means that such strikes are looked upon favorably as an example of a commander's offensive spirit and tactical accumen. The player who is attacking from Kittery therefore also get +1 to their Appeal roll at the end of a Campaign Turn during which they made an attack from Kittery-804.

THE LOAK PASSAGE: Anchored on one end by the sub-sector's most populous world, Loak's Hub, and by the most productive world, Armus Forge World, on the other, the Loak Passage is a well-established and heavily traveled space lane. Traveling the Loak Passage is relatively low risk, meaning that attacks along it are easier to coordinate. If a player is initiating a battle from one world along the passage to another, they gain +1 to their initiative roll to determine the scenario's Attacker and Defender.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:49:20 am by Ruckdog »

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Stellar Cartography (Campaign Map)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 09:48:45 am »
Ok! As we continue to work towards the official start, it's time to begin thinking about our starting systems. Per the rules, we would dice off and choose that way, however I propose that we do it slightly differently. Seahawk and I would like to start again from our previous positions, with me in control of Armus and Seahawk in control of Delphi and Parma. This does give Seahawk an advantage at the start, though that advantage is not all that great given that we will all be starting with 1 Renown (meaning systems don't produce that much at the start) and that it also means he will be down 10 points in his first games since he will have one more system than the rest of us. Green Squad Leader has also requested Kittery 804 as his starting system. So, that works out to:

1. Ruckdog/Imperial Navy: Armus
2. Seahawk/Chaos: Delphi & Parma
3. aexaex/Corsair Eldar: ? (Hidden base)
4. Green Squad Leader/Ork WAAAGH!: Kittery-804
5. LtDan1989/ Dark Angel: ? (No input provided yet)

Let me know if this is agreeable to everyone else! And, LtDan, let me know what your starting system preference is.

LtDan1989

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Cartography (Campaign Map) - Starting Systems?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
Could I possibly start in Loaks Hub please
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:20:04 am by LtDan1989 »

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 12:20:34 pm »
I think that is a great idea! There is a lot of narrative potential for that starting place for you (ie, a Space Marine force showing up to quell civil unrest and possible heresy on a key Imperial hive world).

LtDan1989

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 04:47:45 pm »
Yep I'll start thinking up the fluff behind my fleet soon

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 11:22:40 pm »
Ok! Here is the map with all of our starting positions identified. If anyone has a different symbol they want to use to represent their fleet, let me know and I can make the change.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:24:33 pm by Ruckdog »

Optics1984

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 06:30:15 pm »
Hey guys,

I've had a look through everything and Ill have a list through this weekend. With my leadership rolls etc.

Based on the distribution of people I think Ill start at Butera if possible?

Thanks

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 07:16:05 pm »
Butera is fine! What emblem would you like to use?