Author Topic: And the Winners Are...  (Read 4437 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
And the Winners Are...
« on: April 18, 2015, 05:02:14 pm »
The votes are all in, and I am proud to announce the winners of this year's contest!

In first place, it's Hetairoi's Imperial Humans Kingfisher Class Heavy Cruiser:

In Second Place, it's Grgbobe's USS Ranger:

And in third place, it's Last Rite's Vengeance-class Submarines:

And last, but certainly not least, the inagural Admiral's Choice award goes to:

Andrewchristlieb's Oroshan Armageddon-class Dreadnought!

Great job to not just our winners, but all the participants in this year's contest!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: And the Winners Are...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 05:15:01 pm »
Hear hear! (Or is it Here here?) Great models all around, beautiful entries this year. You all inspire and challenge me to paint better. Congrats to the winners!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Grgbobe

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 02:49:47 am »
Wow, thanks so much for hosting this contest.  Hetairoi's Imperial Humans Kingfisher Class Heavy Cruiser is a remarkable piece!  Very deserving of the victory!  Ruckdog, you da man!

Grgbobe

Hetairoi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Hetairoi Wargames
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 06:26:55 am »
Congrats to the winners and all the participants! And special thanks to Ruckdog for running the competition!
 ;D

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:54:57 am »
You are very welcome guys! I am quite honored to have so many talented painters participate. I've posted not just the winners but the participants as well to the blog:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2015/04/19/2015-painting-contest-winners/

I've also updated the picture rotation on the home page with all of the entrants from this year's contest as well:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 12:09:34 pm »
Thanks to all for the votes, and an even bigger thank you to those who joined in the competition! Seeing all this fantastic work has really made me want to up my game!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 08:28:12 pm »
Wow guys, there are some great talents on here! Thanks Ruckdog for your Admirals Award.  :-[ I feel a little embarrassed with all of these other wonderful artists!
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 06:06:40 pm »
Wow guys, there are some great talents on here! Thanks Ruckdog for your Admirals Award.  :-[ I feel a little embarrassed with all of these other wonderful artists!

Don't be embarrassed! Besides, it doesn't matter what you feel...it matters what I feel when it comes to this award  ;D!

ALice-13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 11:47:16 pm »
Congrats gents.  Great job all around.

Brigman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 09:53:37 pm »
Congrats fellas!

Danaussie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 09:24:16 pm »
Please allow me to join in the cry of congratulations to this years Man Battlestations Painting Contest winners. I must say that I am in no way surprised by the final results, each one of these is a fabulous entry and the votes invariably reflect that. Hetairoi is obviously an artist of considerable experience and considerable talent, I must say my jaw hit the bench when I saw this entry, indeed all of the Sci-fi miniatures painted at this forum are incredibly well detailed and the artists here do a fabulous job with them. So my heart felt congratulations to Hetairoi, well deserved winner.

To Greg, brother I truly tell you that I have never been more proud, you have fast risen to a point in your painting journey whereas you can turn out exceptional quality WW2 Naval Miniatures repeatedly at 1:1800th scale which is by no means easy. Already you have a style that is completely your own and that I can clearly see you are comfortable with. Keep going man, this is only the beginning. Congratulations my friend you deserve this. :) :) :)

Last Rites mate you have shown up to all of these comps with some amazing work, you are an incredible artist and I really enjoy looking at your work, and even though I don't play the game I know a good paint job when I see one. In truth you probably should have stolen the show on a few occasions already, its really not if for you mate, its just a question of when. Congratulations Last Rites what fabulous looking gaming pieces.

Finally to our first Admiral's Choice Award recipient Andrewchristlieb, wow mate, this was a beautiful model by anyones standards, I really loved the colour palette used on this miniature, you have a great eye and a steady hand and this comes out on your work. You should not feel in any way embarrassed to have won this prize, well deserved I would say. Congratulations!

Thanks to Ruckdog and the sponsors of the Man Battlestations Painting Contest, I hope this contest continues to grow in popularity and involvement in the years to come. It is things such as this that keep people interested in their respective games and their passion for painting alive.

Well done to everyone who participated and took the time to enter something special....you are all winners in my eyes.

Dan :) :) :)