Author Topic: Not 3D printing??  (Read 51 times)

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
Not 3D printing??
« on: April 19, 2024, 04:31:22 pm »
Through the constant deluge of marketing emails, one occasionally catches my eye and this one from last week* made me laugh out loud.

The careful observer will note that these are not the standard anniversary or birthday photos that are usually the subjects of Shutterfly prints, but these were good reminders of probably the best custom prints I have ever received from them.

I have had Shutterfly do fabric and vinyl prints for backdrops or tables, but these 1.4 inch full color magnets are printed on the reverse of convex glass that are perfect for planet objectives with a reasonably common size; here is another printed set on the left, versus the regular stock tokens  from Homeworld Fleet Command on the right.

Their email was a reminder that I need to keep a set of files on hand and be ready to upload them whenever a free shipping event comes back around because there is a surprising amount of products they now carry, just waiting for game resources.

*The only problem with these magnets is that they have a tendency to migrate to appliances, it took a while for me to track these down, and do not know where the rest are hiding.
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...