Author Topic: August 2021 DW Releases  (Read 866 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
August 2021 DW Releases
« on: July 27, 2021, 04:12:33 pm »
New blog post up on WC's website with the full list of August's releases:

https://blog.warcradle.com/blog/august-releases-deploy-the-ice-maiden

Looks like:
-Ice Maiden Set
-Islands Set
-Britannia Battlefleet
-Union Front Line Squadrons

The Ice Maiden set is exciting to see...I really want those SRS tokens to go with the pre-release WC Ice Maiden I bought a few years ago lol

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
Re: August 2021 DW Releases
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 01:21:28 am »

Yes, very good news that the Ice Maiden 2.0 has been released generally, and in a very useful fleet box ( As with most models, nonewill be released in anything but box sets - Blister packs are doubleplusungood apparently ).

. . . I try so hard to be positive and like those British/Crown ships, but . . . Can't do it. Just cant.

The Union ships are a lot blockier than previously, and only those shoulder-mount turrets, engines and paddlewheels ( And rear mounted on a sea going ship?  :D ) really make them look different from the Crown to my eye.

So, still really sticking to Russian Commonwealth and CoA here. Though if the Italians, Canadians and Crimson League turn out nice, I'll be interested.

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
Re: August 2021 DW Releases
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 06:51:04 pm »

Speaking of releases . . . Has anyone seen the new Islands and Archipelagoes Terrain box from Warcradle? It's pretty impressive, has a compatible look with the Spartan resin islands with structures, and has a nice little sandbar-based airstrip. Worth a glance even if you stick with 2.5.