Author Topic: Which game cards to use  (Read 4496 times)

sandancer76

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Which game cards to use
« on: March 18, 2018, 11:42:31 pm »
I only came to this game after Spartan closed and the old forum has now gone. I have the download version of the rules and have been fortunate to pick up many second edition models. I have picked up sets of the game cards some 27 in the pack others 26. All are for second edition the extra in the 27 being a reference card. There is a difference in that in the 26 packs a couple of the general cards like number 5 elite gunners state may be used also with active turn defensive fire. The 27 pack only has the card with linked or split fire. Anybody still playing the game explain the difference was the 27 pack the original second edition set and the 26 issued to go with the hardback? Also what is meant by active turn defensive fire does this refer only to those models who have an entry for defensive fire battery on their stat card as otherwise I thought defensive fire was a reaction to active turn flyers attacks.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Which game cards to use
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:32:17 pm »
I don’t have a copy of the cards, so I can’t help you there. In general though, the newer versions are the ones that you’d want to use, I’d imagine.