Author Topic: New Releases- Invasion Fleets!!!  (Read 1764 times)

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: New Releases- Invasion Fleets!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:51:18 pm »
Oh man.

Larger pictures here:

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/14461-rsn-and-veydreth/#entry259572

That RSN robot looks AWESOME. The "hole" in the chest looks like the reactor on the fighting robots in Pacific Rim:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111145037/3606511-pacific-rim-jaeger-gypsy-danger-hd-wallpapers.jpg
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:57:10 pm by Landlubber »
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:39:46 pm »
Amazing stuff! Thought they'll drive me crazy if they don't publish the fleet lists for these Invasion ships online, along with the stuff from the Overseer Box that we still don't have easy access to!
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:11:35 am »
Awesome looking models! I'm really excited to see these come along. It portends well for the previously mentioned Armada-Planetfall campaign. It looks like some of our questions from this earlier thread have been answered:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/forum/index.php?topic=835.0

Amazing stuff! Thought they'll drive me crazy if they don't publish the fleet lists for these Invasion ships online, along with the stuff from the Overseer Box that we still don't have easy access to!

All in good time, I'm sure. The recent history with SG and posting PDFs is that they will eventually get there, just maybe not as fast as we would like ;). Plus, for these I would say SG will have to post the rules...they've gotten out of the business of packing in rules with models, with the exception of the starter sets. Heck, for all we know they were waiting for the invasion models to hit before updating the orbats, so they could do it all in one go!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:14:53 pm by Ruckdog »

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:58:30 pm »
I like that every faction seems to have a varying idea of what Planetary Assault means, and this is reflected in design. Much as with the hotly debated "Recon" helixes.
I'm in rapture for the new Relthoza look. And the new Sorylian look portends well for me making them my 6th or 7th fleet.

As for the PDF's, I'm hopeful the pending RecoN Helix updates on Planetfall come with Firestorm updates too. Certainly right before the bigger Con season, they're needed.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader