Author Topic: Third Edition of Firestorm Armada  (Read 5558 times)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Third Edition of Firestorm Armada
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 05:29:37 pm »
On a personal note, I did not rage quit WWX.  Over the course of 6 months I played more than 10 WWX 2 games, continued to purchase models at a FLGS, and provided the best feedback that I could.  This month I accepted reality and quit the game.  Warcradle made some large design decisions and were very headstrong about them.  These decisions robbed the fun out of the system and killed my desire to play.

I'll have to pick your brain about this on Sunday. I disliked a lot about WWX-1, and I still know bupkiss about WWX-2 (like, is there even a starter set yet?). But I had high hopes for getting into WWX-2, and I was excited about the "merger".
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 06:13:08 pm »
We can always play with DW 2.5 or FsA 2.0!

I am already inclined to stay at DW2.5 to keep playing all three theaters simultaneously
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 03:58:31 am »
2.5 needs some tweaking, but I dn't think its far off playable.  I know a lot of people have problems with how FSA is currently handling, not sure how feasible a fan solution or re-emergence of the last draft will work for people less offended by Spartan than Alex Mann.

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 02:49:20 pm »
2.5 needs some tweaking, but I dn't think its far off playable.  I know a lot of people have problems with how FSA is currently handling, not sure how feasible a fan solution or re-emergence of the last draft will work for people less offended by Spartan than Alex Mann.

Have to agree with much of that - 2.5, despite the lack of Orbats and some points that aren't to everyone's liking is a solid and well-playing games. ( Much like DW 2.5 ).

A fan solution certainly is/was being worked on from the Facebook groups, but may now be on hiatus due to Warcradle's "Extensive and supportive social media presence " for better or worse. And no offense to our host, but I can think of a fair number of people far more offended by Spartan than Alex Mann; One of whom uses a less than genteel phrase as his Carthago est delenda whenever someone has anything positive to say about the late company.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 06:38:26 am »
And no offense to our host, but I can think of a fair number of people far more offended by Spartan than Alex Mann

Why would I be offended? Alex is free to have his own opinions.

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 07:44:24 am »
I didn't mean to insult anyone!  I just used Alex Mann as a public proponent of the flaws of 2.5 and the way 3.0 for firestorm was going.  I think for those trying to create playable versions of the rules, the guidance I have heard is that WC seems fine with Orbats tidied up, but against rewriting of the rules.  Not sure how that will pan out when there is an official WC rules release, especially if it jettisons exploding d6s.  I am interested in the fan FSA project even if I don't have much time to play test right now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:28:10 am by RuleBritannia »

Toxic_Rat

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 13
  • Spartan_FA_Mike in a previous incarnation
    • View Profile
    • Firestorm Armada Fleet Manager
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 11:10:35 am »
I'm happy to share the ideas that our group was working on for the next iteration of Firestorm Armada.   Send me a pm if you'd like to take a look.
Nos Habere Ad Aetheres