Author Topic: What to get next for the Sorylian  (Read 927 times)

Steamlord78

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
What to get next for the Sorylian
« on: April 13, 2017, 05:02:31 pm »
I have just recently split the taskforce box of Sorylian Collective and Relthoza, to get someone into playing. I was wondering what I should look at getting to flush out the Sorylian with. I know I will be getting the patrol box, what else should I look at for them. I play Terran and Dindrenzi. I enjoy the the Dindrenzi more than the Terran if that helps with suggestions.

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Re: What to get next for the Sorylian
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 05:16:19 pm »
Purely from theory research I've done: the battleship is pretty ordinary so it might pay to look at the battle cruisers as an alternative tier 1, fore kinetic weapons for you. Otherwise start from tier 3s and work up, that's where the sorylians real strength is. 
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: What to get next for the Sorylian
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 05:48:06 pm »
If you like Dindrenzi, you'll want to try the Kestros Destroyers and/or the Warwolf Gunships. If Harvesters or Lucerne's are your other cruiser squad(s), then you might actually be able to buy them.

For Tier 1's, Sorylians are a big bag of disappointments. I've tried the Dreadnought many times, but it never punches enough for its cost. Even once having the aft end of TWO Tarakian BB's on either side, the DN couldn't do squat. It feels like they WAY over-tax for the Scatter MAR.
Most folks dislike the Hasta's, but they're the only Tier 1 I've ever gotten mileage from.

As mentioned, The Tier 3's are where its at. Or praying 3.0 rules do them justice.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader