Author Topic: Planetfall 2.0 Update  (Read 839 times)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Planetfall 2.0 Update
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:06:35 pm »
An update from Neil, in response to our own semi-local Adam Velie:
http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/19336-so-what-is-going-on/&do=findComment&comment=336484

Hi All,

I am replying to Avelie's initial post, but it goes without saying that it goes out to everyone. First up, my apologies for my late re response to you. We've been somewhat quiet over the last year or so on our games and this has been most frustrating for you all, and simply put please accept my apologies for that as well.

I am going to blog an update for all of our games over the coming days, but in this reply I’ll deal with Planetfall for you. Once we got the first Helixes out for the core nations, along with some of the first Alliance Helixes, we started looking at a few key things, such as what would version 2.0 of the rules look like (changes, fixes, amends etc.), what to do with making Alliance races full armies in their own right and how to add new models to the core races in a way that players could fine tune their armies. Additionally, PF and FA development had separated away from each other and we felt that the two products needed to reconnect given that they are set in the same Galaxy and intrinsically linked – so this slid into our thinking.

The rulebook, which will continue to be a free download, has been written by the rules guys and they have now kicked off the exercise of what that means to all of the race statistics. The layout of the book needs to start and has been hampered by my availability, as I design our rule books. Once I get this completed, with my intent to do so this month, the rules guys will vet it and it can be rolled out. I would like to say by the end of this year, but it could well be the beginning of 2017 given we are already in September.

Model wise we have settled on pairing the Alliance Helixes off against each other and delivering them 2 at a time. However, we have work to do model wise for the core races first, and that model making exercise is now underway but I’m sorry can’t lock down a delivery date for you yet.

August this year was an important month for us in that our development schedule had settled from the intensity of the last 18 months and we have dived back into PF, FA and DW development work, with new models, rules and background work in progress. We also need to improve our communication with you, something we have never cracked as a company as we have always been too focused on making models!

Whilst I am sure this reply does not allay all concerns you may have, the old adage that ‘the proof of the pudding is in the eating’ will mean more to you when new products and background text arrive from us for your gaming consumption.

All the best,
Spartan Neil
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
Re: Planetfall 2.0 Update
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 02:17:43 pm »
Looking forward to the alliance helixes
Especially ones not even available for FsA
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor