Author Topic: Is anyone playing the "Current" version of Fleet action?  (Read 1002 times)

Connors456

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Is anyone playing the "Current" version of Fleet action?
« on: September 10, 2020, 08:06:04 pm »
Been getting back into the game and started with fleet action... is anyone else playing?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Is anyone playing the "Current" version of Fleet action?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 09:33:54 am »
Between my deployment and COVID, I haven't gotten much gaming done in the last year sadly. I haven't seen or heard much rumblings of Fleet Action getting a lot of table time, although I did try out the version that came in the 2.5 rule book a few years ago. I thought the revised version was a definite improvement! Ultimately, if you can get a local group interested in the game, it will go great. I wouldn't expect much "official" support in the future, though, as it seems that Warcradle is focused on supporting just DW 3.0. However, that being said, a number of the mechanics and concepts that were present in Fleet Action have made their way into 3.0...have you checked that out yet?

Connors456

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 02:05:33 pm »
I've taken a glance at them but haven't got too deep into them. I figured it wouldn't get much support with 3.0 on the horizon... possibly.... maybe... one day...

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 02:07:54 pm »
I've taken a glance at them but haven't got too deep into them. I figured it wouldn't get much support with 3.0 on the horizon... possibly.... maybe... one day...

From what Warcradle reps have said in the past, their whole philosophy with DW 3.0 was to build a system that was fast playing enough to the point where a separate "fast play" rule set (ie, Fleet Action) would not be necessary. So, I wouldn't expect there to eventually be a new version of Fleet Action.

That being said, if you and your gaming group like the FA rules, there is no reason to not keep playing with them!