Author Topic: Warcradel Classics (?) Preorders now live!  (Read 1837 times)

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
Warcradel Classics (?) Preorders now live!
« on: July 13, 2018, 04:38:19 am »

Warcradle have the first wave of "Classic" ( That is, Spartan ) DW ships available for pre-orders,  being released in about 10 days time according to the website clock - https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/1940-pre-orders#/game_system-dystopian_wars

TL:DR, there's models from across the pre-KS period available, mostly for the FSA, Chinese, Danish, Prussians and French, with a single unit for each of the Covenant, Indian Raj and Russians.  The last attracts me, as I have no Chanys from the Bombardment Set.

I do have one question; Hypothetically and with no judgement implied or inferred, suppose 130 people order one item form this list, and the mold gives out/becomes unusable after only 100 miniatures have been cast? What happens for those 30 customers who have made an order which cannot be fulfilled? I suppose an answer will be forthcoming :)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Warcradel Classics (?) Preorders now live!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 05:40:19 pm »
Wave 5 has just been announced. I think this is the biggest one yet!

https://blog.warcradle.com/warcradle-classics-wave-v

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 05:18:02 pm »
This was posted by Richard from WC on Facebook:

We should have metal parts soon. Despite us initially deciding not to cast metal we will be casting parts shortly. So should widen availability. On other note a few of the items in this wave are now gone not to return as the molds had little life left in. Where we can continue to cast we will.

Sounds like good news, regarding the metal parts!

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 11:34:25 am »
Just need to sort out flier bases. 

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 12:18:40 am »
Oh, that would be sweet if they’re going to be able to do that. Now I’m hoping that they’ll crank out some Chinese gunships and battlecruisers! I also wouldn’t say no to a second dragon....
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 04:35:33 pm »
Just need to sort out flier bases.

That shouldn't be too hard. There are tons of companies doing laser cut acrylic game aids!

Oh, that would be sweet if they’re going to be able to do that. Now I’m hoping that they’ll crank out some Chinese gunships and battlecruisers! I also wouldn’t say no to a second dragon....

That would be pretty neat! I think that we are just going to continue to see the selections as being somewhat random, though, so I'm not going to get my hopes up too far for any one particular model ;).

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 05:29:48 am »

Some good news is that Richard of Wayleand Games is reportign that they are planning to have soem metal parts cast to use with soem of the models that have proven to cast well, so that widens what might be coming out in future waves.

Bad news is that a coupel of models planned for relese have had their molds fail while producing the required number of pre-order parts, and so are not avialable except to some pre-order customers ( not the ones who can't work out how the slighlty confusing pre-iorde rsytem works of course :D ) the Prussian Elbe being one, as the deck mould failed apparently.

Nothign interested me in the last wave, and in some ways that's good - Saving up to grab any League of Crimson ships that come up :)