Author Topic: Dystopian NOVA Battle Report  (Read 933 times)

Creon

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Dystopian NOVA Battle Report
« on: October 11, 2015, 06:01:18 pm »
Narrative

"Commadore Wallingsford-Singh surveyed the burning ruins of Doctor Saramidar's Laboratory, still spitting toxic smoke and occasional energy artifacts as the Company scoured the Island for anything that might be left after they had to take out his facility under the nose of those dreaded Colonists.  "No survivors, Havildar-Captian?" he asked his Flag officer, standing nearby with his clipboard as the mighty Airships "Profit" and "Loss" patrolled above, turrets sweeping to ensure the FSA continued their run.  The Flag-Captain shook his head.  "Our forces have found very little. It seems the good doctor had everything rigged to be destroyed in the event of the main facility's destruction, Sir"  Both looked over the island's small harbor where  launches swarmed the Raider flagship.  The battlecruiser Vespucchi had both taken damage from the Island, as well as encountering one of the minefields.  She should be in fighting trim soon enough,  he'd already reserved some drydock space for them to get the  hull damage taken care of.   "Well, Captain" the Commodore continued, looking satisfied at the distant smudge that was the retreting FSA fleet.  "At least the Bounders from the Colonies didn't get any of the swag.  We're good we were in the area forming up for Convoy duty, and could ensure none of Saramidar's discoveries were put into the wrong hands.  When the Vespucci is seaworthy, we shall pursue the vermin, and see if open battle favors us as did the main guns of my flagship."

CDR-G and I did a game of mysterious Island for our Local Campaign, EIMC and Italians Versus Americans at 1250.  We only played 2 complete turns, but it ended up with the Athena opening fire on a damaged secret base and doing 21 hits on 14 dice, collapsing the facility as the Americans were preparing to board it.  My forces were An Athena, two Forbes, Trhee Griffons, Seven Syreas, an Italainn Minverva and three Gladius cruisers, close allies.  The Forbes were both combat controllers, one with Guardian, one with Tesla generator.  The americans had a Boston, the big plane/little planes new group, the fleet carrier, a battleship, The new cruiser/heavy cruiser group, and some smalls I don't remember exactly. We cleared the East side of the island of fortifications,a nd were both moving forward when I calcified the target, causing the American Bomber group to reduce it to nearly rubble, and the smerican smalls were in boarding range, when the Athena opened fire with amazingly accurate cannon fire, removing the target from possible boarding. 

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Dystopian NOVA Battle Report
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 08:02:34 pm »
Sounds like it was a neat battle! How did you like the EIMC/Italian combo?

Creon

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dystopian NOVA Battle Report
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 08:34:26 pm »
I'm liking the synergy but it didn't do exactly what I wanted