Author Topic: Havenfest, 6 May  (Read 2315 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Havenfest, 6 May
« on: April 24, 2017, 01:24:14 pm »
Just spoke to Ed at Gamer's Haven. As mentioned somewhere else on this forum, Havenfest is Saturday, May 6. Ed said they're pretty light on scheduled gaming events so far. Anyone here planning to attend and/or run any games? I'll probably set up a DW demo with my French and FSA, and maybe Halo Fleet Battles also. I'd set up Halo Ground Command as well, but I still don't have my forces painted up.

I'd be happy to play/run a game of Firefly, and I'd be happy to play ST Ascendancy as well.

Thoughts?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Havenfest, 6 May
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:41:06 pm »
My daughter-in-law is having a baby shower (2pm - ?) and I have been informed that I will attend and that likely will eat most of the day between the event and shuttling out of town attendees. I'll drop by if possible but it is likely only in the evening.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 03:31:42 pm »
I was planning to attend. I think they have a Star Wars focus, or maybe that's for tabletop day?

Whichever, I'm ALWAYS down for FIREFLY (esp if a smart scenario with experienced players) and I'll bring Ascendancy. Sadly, I don't think we see supplements until June.

I wasn't thinking in terms of Spartan games though. If anything, I'm hoping to force time to ready some ARENA REX for demos/games.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 06:23:28 pm »
@McKinstry, understood.

@Dakkar, according to Ed there is a slight focus on Star Wars for Havenfest, with May 4th just a couple days prior. Ed said he's going to run a version of his X-Wing race again, which was fun.

I'd be happy to run my "Niska's Hiring" scenario for anyone interested. I have the Blue Sun, Breakin' Atmo, and Pirates & Bounty Hunters expansions.

For DW, I'll probably run a version of that scenario that Captain Rockman and I played about a month ago, with the commercial ships in the center of the board. Or something like that. Would also be happy to run anyone through a starter game of Halo Fleet Battles.That's too bad about the Cardassians and Ferengi, but I have yet to play Ascendancy as the Federation, so can I call dibs now?  :D

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:39:53 pm »
Greg has dibs on Federation, check... :-)

I'll probably run Star Wars REBELLION while you run Spartan stuff.

And I say we save Firefly for the evening, and we'll base scenario on who's there to play.

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 09:28:03 pm »
Saturday's have morphed into Family days for me.  The only thing I could add is that I could theoretically have my Ground Command panted up my then.  If you do not get anyone else to support Ground Command, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 11:01:08 pm »
I don't feel confident enough, nor are my forces painted well enough, to set up a Ground Command demo. Rob is going to let me have one table for a Dystopian Wars demo game from 1-3, will have my FSA and French up. If it's like past events at the Haven, I likely won't get any takers, but you never know.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 03:16:57 pm »
I'll bring my Blazing Sun, just in case.