Author Topic: Boarding Actions  (Read 1035 times)

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Boarding Actions
« on: March 24, 2017, 09:05:23 pm »
Does anyone know of a skirmish game that would be good for running boarding scenarios?
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Boarding Actions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 09:11:55 pm »
I think a great option is Infinity! It's a fairly intense game, but it is a fantastic and clean ruleset. If you have Warhammer 40K models you could use Zone Mortalis. You could also use less well known rulesets like Gruntz.

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 01:10:57 am »
Zone Mortalis looks interesting, but all I can find is the forge world terrain and a vague fan wiki.  Who actually makes the rules?
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 10:38:19 am »
The terrain from forgeworld is really cool! But also crazy expensive. You could always do something cheaper like spartan scenics, or make your own, or even just use old dungeon crawl board game tiles. Could probably find those cheap.
As for the rules they are a PDF download from forgeworld. I'm fairly certain it's free though.

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 06:46:26 pm »
Found the link to the rules, thanks.  Looks pretty straight forward, a mate and I were actually looking for something like this about 8 years ago.
Tacitus