Poll

Which naval game was your favorite in 2018?

Dropfleet Commander
1 (8.3%)
Star Wars Armada
1 (8.3%)
Halo Fleet Battles
0 (0%)
Firestorm Armada
3 (25%)
Dystopian Wars
3 (25%)
Star Trek Attack Wing
0 (0%)
Sails of Glory
1 (8.3%)
Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures
0 (0%)
Posiedon’s Warriors
0 (0%)
Fighting Sail
0 (0%)
Other
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 13, 2018, 05:21:39 pm

Author Topic: MBS Monthly Poll #30: Favorite Naval Game of 2018  (Read 1458 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
MBS Monthly Poll #30: Favorite Naval Game of 2018
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:21:39 pm »
The end of 2018 is rapidly approaching, and Greg and I are gearing up to do our 2018 Year in Review segment for the next episode of the MBS Podcast! With that in mind, we thought it would be fund to ask all of you what your favorite naval game of 2018 was...this could be in terms of the one you played the most, the one you had the most fun in overall, or even the one were you had that big, memorable moment. Please vote and discuss below! All responses to the poll will be discussed on the podcast during the Community Sitrep segment.

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Monthly Poll #30: Favorite Naval Game of 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:23:01 am »
The tear down and rebuild of Dystopian Wars from the ground up has been in some ways a traumatic process for me.  As I've made clear what has happened to the fluff and models hasn't been what I had hoped for, and my sometimes outspoken criticism got me on the naughty step.  However, what has come out of that has been weirdly positive.  I got an understanding of criticism as a way of understanding what I liked and disliked and being able to channel that positively into improving my writing and understanding of games and settings.  I got a better understanding of Naval Games from MBS and The People's Front Group on facebook and did some fun stuff with setting writing and playing around with fluff with passionate and interesting people has sparked a lot of interest in a few projects.  Some stuff may even make some difference.  But the big win was discovering a bigger community that really enjoys naval gaming and steampunk.

voidstarsinger

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 05:52:45 am »
was thinking of voting for other and saying full thrust but ive played more drop fleet so it got my vote

as an aside no real historical games on the voting list ? says something  about our little part of the hobby or this site maybe ? are they just not played much by the persons inhabiting this site , i see them all the time at shows in the uk  still myself i prefer a scifi /fantasy  feel so
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:00:58 am by riftsinger »
take this ship to where the fire is at its heaviest  that where we can make a difference

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 10:43:54 am »
For me I mostly played Poseidon's Warriors from Osprey and I like it.  It is simple, quick, easy, and carnage fueled fun that did not get bogged down in its own minutiae.   

Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 08:55:57 pm »
as an aside no real historical games on the voting list ? says something  about our little part of the hobby or this site maybe ? are they just not played much by the persons inhabiting this site , i see them all the time at shows in the uk  still myself i prefer a scifi /fantasy  feel so

Fair point! I’ll amend the poll.

Wanjajoral

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 04:34:23 am »
I voted for other.
With too much to do and too little time for hobbying or gaming - Fleet Commander takes my spot of most played naval game of 2018.

KazadHarri

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 03:27:31 pm »
Since I am in landlocked exile in Germany.  I was only able to play a solitaire games of Napoleonic Naval.  Trying to get the rules ready for play testing. /Jeff

Steamlord78

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 11:15:33 am »
The old Spartan games was my favorite, even if GW was my first into the genre. That being said I only got in two or three games in this year of naval games. My original opponents in the area have moved off so I no longer get to play much. So if possible I would love to get him started up again but that's the bad part of being in a small town in Texas.