Author Topic: Blog Post: Carriers in DW 2.5  (Read 612 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Blog Post: Carriers in DW 2.5
« on: September 01, 2017, 05:51:55 pm »

sleeping_squirrel

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Blog Post: Carriers in DW 2.5
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 03:39:36 am »
Hi Ruckdog, perfect article, this is exactly what DW 2.5 needs right now - couple of articles like this covering all aspects of the game.

Two issues I have with 2.5 and what I would like to change in some time in 2.51 (community) rules:

1) when SAS is damaged, people tend to avoid firing on them at all costs and thus prevent oponent to relaunch them again .... this just feel stupid
2) Local support SAS being only fighters - is this really necessary? Just place them next to the carrier and in the first round you can change them to any other type of SAS you want. This rule does not serve to its purpose at all and right now it only promotes carriers more, fleets without them become rare and it is shame.
3) large carriers launching 2x4 wings - right now 4-strong squadron is "weaker" then 5-strong, this is obvious. It does not feel right to me. I would suggest that carrier which can launch 2x4 could have possibity launch one super SAS insted (two 2x4 SAS next to each other acting like 1 SAS, e.i. one activation etc.). Such squadron would play like 5-strong SAS with other planes being reserves so it can sustain casualties. Maybe an option to have 2 bombing/torpedo runs instead of 1 will be an option too. What do you think?

Sorry for typos, I have to write it in 2 minutes with kids jumping on me :-)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:16:38 am by sleeping_squirrel »