Author Topic: Flashpoint Campaign  (Read 1337 times)

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
Flashpoint Campaign
« on: August 28, 2017, 05:55:42 pm »
We are looking at running a Flashpoint campaign for the group in Norwich, already looking at some fluffy events and got the tokens.  Has anybody tried the system?  Any advice?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Flashpoint Campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 06:20:02 pm »
I haven't tried the system myself yet, though I too am very interested in doing so. From what is in the 2.5 book, it seems like the biggest things that will be needed to get one off the ground is a map with the appropriate supply points and a set of objectives for each player in the campaign. The rule book describes these as being secret and known only to the player they are given to, which means that you might almost need a "campaign master" who runs the whole show and may or may not actually play in the campaign.

This will require a little imagination, as Spartan never got to release a full set of documents for a campaign using this system for us to model our own efforts off of!

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Flashpoint Campaign
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:18:30 am »
We have got around 6 players who are likely to be regularly playing, with a DM player with mercenaries to bring balance where needed.  We are discussing surprise narrative games involving a Covenant dig site and ancient portals.  We are looking at an East African map, and we have the flashpoint set to set up cities and provinces of interest.