Author Topic: 2vs1 Ottomans/French and FSA/Russian battle report  (Read 882 times)

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
2vs1 Ottomans/French and FSA/Russian battle report
« on: November 15, 2015, 12:50:27 am »
Landlubber, Captainrockman and I had a 2 vs 1 game today at Collectormania.
I was terrible at taking pictures but I thought I would provide some highlights.
I took 900 points of Ottomans with 1100 points of French and tried a lot of brand new models. The opponents each fielded 1000 points of FSA and Russians respectively.

The Kunani Dreadnaught, 1 French battlecruiser, French cruisers, and interceptors along with a magenta battleship all deployed on the right flank. On the left flank went the heavy battleship, a second French battlecruiser, and Ottoman monitors. There were some smalls mixed in there.

Highlights would be a number of magazine explosions on the coalition mediums. The Ottoman Dreadnaught (definitely the MVP of the game) going toe to toe with, and sinking, the FSA Dreadnaught. The Ottoman monitors and minelayer planes soaked up WAY more shots then they should have. The Ottoman weather manipulation generators were a big pain in the butt pretty much making the Russian battleship ineffective for the entire game.
The French battlecruisers were fairly useless. I haven't got the hang of them yet. They are very squishy and should not be applied in the vanguard of a fleet. Unfortunately the FSA heavy bomber was taken down by combined SAW attacks before activating.

Overall a good game. The French/Ottoman forces were able to secure their objective well before the American and Russian alliance but the game could definitely have swung the other way easily.

I learned a lot about the Ottomans and will be sure to deploy much more carefully next time. Can't wait to get more practice with those beautiful ships.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 2vs1 Ottomans/French and FSA/Russian battle report
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 11:45:38 am »
It was an interesting game. I'm going to have to think long and hard about how to make my RC ships competitive against the Ottomans. At the moment, I can't think of anything that will be able to take down a dread that you can only hit on a 6. The Ottomans and French have a pretty mean synergy. When all of your larges and most of your mediums have cloud generators, plus you can put storms to block your more vulnerable targets, and your smalls are elusive, we barely hit anything on a 4+. I think the only 4+ shots from us were on your flank destroyers and the French Battlecruisers, arguably the only units we had any effect on.

For a first time with those models, they performed quite well.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: 2vs1 Ottomans/French and FSA/Russian battle report
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 02:59:04 pm »
Stupid Ottofrench.  ;D

Yeah, I forgot the first rule of dreadnaugh-on-dreadnaught combat: if you have a dreadnaught, and your opponent has a dreadnaught, and they're anywhere near each other, you pretty much have no choice but to attack his dreadnaught. Just a fact of life.

I ignored this rule yesterday, and the result was predictable. The first critical hit knocked my shield and kinetic generators offline, effects that I was never able to fix. After that, it was just an inevitability.

Quickdraw played his forces quite effectively, despite his obvious hatred of the French battlecruisers.  :D The Ottoman ships are as deadly as they are beautiful.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama