Author Topic: MBS Podcast Episode 21  (Read 835 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
MBS Podcast Episode 21
« on: August 06, 2017, 05:02:56 pm »
http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2017/08/06/episode-21/

Greetings! In Episode 21 of the MBS Podcast, Greg and Andy discuss some of their favorite book series where naval combat plays a central role. Later, they take a look at the most popular naval miniatures scales for historical minis and the pros and cons of each. major changes that have been made in the 2.5 edition of Dystopian Wars. Then, Andy discusses his experiences at Historicon 2017 in this month’s Ruckdogs Report!

Naval Reading: 13 min

Naval Miniatures: 1 Hr 12 Min

Ruckdog’s Report: 1 Hr 54 Min

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Podcast Episode 21
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:44:22 am »
Big fan of the naval reading section.  Any chance of a five minute segment at the start of each show mentioning new books or series that have come to your attention?
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 08:37:50 am »
Big fan of the naval reading section.  Any chance of a five minute segment at the start of each show mentioning new books or series that have come to your attention?

Glad you enjoyed it! Greg and I had fun recording it. I'm not sure that we will discover and/or read new book series frequently enough to cover it every episode, but we'll definitely be revisiting the topic in the future.

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:27:23 am »
Fair enough, maybe a nonfiction focus next time?
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 07:16:45 am »
Oooo....I like that  ;). I'll definitely put that in the segment topic hopper for a future episode!

Jack Brown

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 09:43:32 pm »
Good episode! I would suggest the Alan Lewrie series by Dewey Lambdin for naval book series. The main character is a bit, ah, saltier than Hornblower, though. A bit of a rake...

Enjoyed the discussion of minis. It is nice to have some historical game content on occasion. Now, I need to paint my OoB for the battles around Guadalcanal. At least 1/6000 are pretty simple to paint.