Author Topic: Sorylian / Dindrenzi  (Read 1228 times)

ALice-13

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Sorylian / Dindrenzi
« on: February 16, 2015, 01:38:06 am »
Looking to take the FA plunge and have narrowed it down to either Sorylian or Dindrenzi.  Love both models sets.  Any thoughts or input?

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Sorylian / Dindrenzi
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »
Hmmmm, based on the lack of Sorylian players in our area, I'd say to go with them, but that's pure selfishness on my part.   ;D

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:29:07 pm »
It's an interesting question! These two have somewhat different fighting styles, as I understand it. Sorylians are more in-your-face, charge in and shoot/board the target. Dindrenzi are all about the long-range firepower, and tend to suffer somewhat at close range.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 07:27:50 pm »
Sorylians can dominate in Frigates and Cruiser squadrons. Their Frigates are some of thebest in the game, and having 4-strong cruiser squadrons makes grown opponents cry. Also, I love their gunships. Aside from the carrier though, their Tier-1's are a little blah. I'm a BIG fan of the Hasta Battlecruisers though - perhaps my favorite battlecruiser in the game.
Lastly, Sorylians favor broadsides for their main shots, so if you like oblique approaches and crossing the "T", they're for you.

Dindrenzi are more straightforward, literally. All fixed forward main guns. No Shields, but higher DR/CR with ablative armor. Weak vs SRS tokens. Brutal in every other way. Very strong Tier-1 ships! They rely on mines if foes get behind, or better, a squadron of rare Gunships.

In Planetfall, I like both.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 11:22:23 pm »
As both have said. They play completely differently.
Sorylians want to be up close and personal, Dindrenzi like to stay back.

From what I've seen of both factions the Dindrenzi are easily more survivable initially (there armor is nasty and frustrating to punch through), but the Sorylians will win a battle of attrition with large groups of frigates and cruisers.
It's a tough choice, if I was going to pick another core faction it would be between these two as well and I don't know what I would do.