Author Topic: Firestorm Armada 2.0  (Read 5250 times)

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Firestorm Armada 2.0
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 06:15:02 pm »
It was originally released by Studio Sparta under the Firestorm: Invasion name in 2012. Spartan is working on expanding it now under the Planetfall name in 10mm. http://www.spartangames.co.uk/products/firestorm-galaxy/planetfall

Were currently awaiting the assembly of the beta team for it which seems to have been push back some while the 2.0 FA and DW versions have been released.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 09:19:55 pm »
It was originally released by Studio Sparta under the Firestorm: Invasion name in 2012. Spartan is working on expanding it now under the Planetfall name in 10mm. http://www.spartangames.co.uk/products/firestorm-galaxy/planetfall

Were currently awaiting the assembly of the beta team for it which seems to have been push back some while the 2.0 FA and DW versions have been released.

I actually bought the first run of Planetfall models...pretty nice looking sculpts! Unfortunately, I've not had much time to do anything with them. I've got some pics of the unpainted minis up on my blog:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2012/09/18/invaders-invasions/

"Pushed back a while" seems to be Firestorm Invasion's lot in life! AFAIK, the first time the existence of this game was mentioned was during Spartan Neil's interview with the D6G podcast back in 2011 (you can listen to it here: http://www.thed6generation.com//premium/d6g-ep-71-spartan-games-interview-deathwatch-rpg-detailed-review). If I remember correctly, there were a few pre-production models shown at Gencon later that year, but then it went off the radar for a long time. Going back and listening to that interview, though, Neil's vision for Invasion is really exciting; the focus on operational level gameplay with orbital support sounds like an excellent fit for an expanded land/space campaign! Just as Firestorm Armada looks to be capturing a lot of guys like me who are BFG fans, Invasion has the potential to do the same thing for all those Epic players out there.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 11:25:13 am »
Ok, yeah, I think I remember that.  Sounds interesting, but I'm saving my money for the Dystopian Legions goodies we've been promised for later this year.  We're supposed to see three new factions (CoA, French, and Russians), plus a hardback rulebook like we've seen now for Firestorm and Dystopian Wars.  There was a hint in one of Spartan's blog posts back in 2013 that we would someday see aerial units for Legions...steampunk flyers, how sweet would that be?!?!?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 01:36:50 am »
Well the good news is we just finished up reviewing a couple of the Marauders and final feedback is in, there are still a few more to go but we're getting closer! I think any Marauders fans are going to have a blast when some of the new toys drop (eventually!)
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »
Looking forward to it! I rather belatedly picked up a copy of Marauders last year. There is some interesting stuff inside that little booklet, and the models were quite nice.