Author Topic: Prepping Adepticon Lists  (Read 1357 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Prepping Adepticon Lists
« on: December 28, 2016, 05:44:43 pm »
Hello once again! I've just posted a few lists on the blog for the upcoming FSA tournament at Adepticon:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2016/12/28/adepticon-preps-vol-2-fsa-list-building/

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Prepping Adepticon Lists
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:00:24 pm »
I guess I need to figure out my Planetfall and Halo Ground Command lists...

Ryjak

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ops Center
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 06:36:40 am »
Odd that you're worried about having so many points in Tier 3, as you've seen how my Fleets tend to look the same and generally do well.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 04:55:43 pm »
Yeah..I think that is probably due to the way that my Pilgrims have under-performed in the past, more than an aversion to running Tier 3-heavy lists ;).

Ryjak

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ops Center
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 05:41:03 pm »
I understand that, as Pilgrims are over-priced by 5, if not 10 points. While they can potentially fire 3x 10AD shots in one activation, you'd be lucky to toss 3x7 AD shots, and that 1 Shield doesn't really boost their survivability.

You don't need two Squadrons off-hand... but what else could you do for 120 points?

Maybe it's time to bring Allies?  You could borrow my 6 Aquan Corvettes, for example.

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 09:24:02 pm »
I think if you start using Missionary frigates your Teir 3 problems will be solved.

I have to say though, the Pilgrims/Armsmen have always performed exceptionally well for me. I tend to start them parallel to my table edge near the middle and have them swing up the edge towards a side. They target enemy smalls with torpedoes, then shift to damaged targets in the later turns.

I often take two squadrons unless building a list around the missionary shunt strategy.

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 09:37:26 pm »
I have to say these lists all look decently competitive and fun to play. The Tyrant is by far my favorite Terran ship.

Of your lists I like the first one the most. The amount of HP you have on the table is great. The other lists are good to though. My concern with the second list is that your Battleship is going to take a beating in the first few turns. With so little on the table and Destroyers that can't be targeted...

I think the third list is definitely the most interesting. I could absolutely see it being fairly effective too. You will have to play the frigates very carefully though. I might try to have a game of Firestorm soon and give this one a shot. I think it might be a whole lot of fun and a great challenge.