Author Topic: Operation Galvanic 2015 campaign.  (Read 2004 times)

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
Operation Galvanic 2015 campaign.
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:51:03 pm »
More on the campaign and what we have so far.
There should be battles that play more to certain powers' strength more than others and the opportunity to use different capabilities to achieve the win.
So with the Convoy and the Island scenarios you have very similar evident approaches - Rush and Board, but players attacked screening ships in one and were slowed by the defenders threats in the other.
For the Convoy, boarding is now paramount and aerial is limited, but a power that is limited in boarding can definitely find a reasonable path to win. The Italians as attacker would be an interesting challenge. However having them be defender would likely be a distinct advantage with their speed and Hit and Run. They are sea raiders
Twice I have seen Convoy played and in BOTH cases the defenders held the convoy back to keep it screened. With the Chinese as attackers this was bad because they had time to close with their PAINFULLY slow fleet. With the KoB their superior staying power shone through. The Rugged construction and REALLY good isolated systems it was hard to hurt the Chinese big in an individual attack.

With the Mysterious island rockets were not a strength, but speed would be. Boarding again was key, but you didn't need a lot  We learned to take a high DR/CR ship (A Dread or heavy BB with shields and good CC) and drive through any minefields, or sacrifice a small squadron, but don't let them slow you down.With Minefields I learned that concentrating the mines and linking them was the only real way to be effective.
Speed should have been key- the Chinese got stymied by the advanced Glacier Generator  and the Dilation generator node projector with two nodes making a wall of 1/2 AD was close to breaking the game. the resident yet not overly powerful Island weapons need to be swarmed.
Very much a situation for "Damn the Torpedoes, Full speed ahead."
Modify message

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Galvanic 2015 campaign.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 12:08:56 pm »
So Taking the Straight is the next mission up? For those that have completed the Mysterious island and protected/destroyed the convoy?

Its been a good while, but i believe my KOB units are either 1-0-1 or 0-0-2 (Mysterious island being a draw, with Convoy resulting in no lost/damaged merchants but still 8" away from escaping). I know a few others have played games as well. Should we start making a tracker for wins losses and who has what "spoils of war" or supplies to continue on?
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:29:49 pm »
So we are to have a full fleet list that will grow attrition and resupply over time, but i am curious as to the total number of points this build allows.

My other question is if you have a single model (lets say a Battleship), could you have say three of them in you campaign list? Say your first match the BB were to be lost/damaged, the following match would used an undamaged or extant replacement from your overall. Is that how it works or am i totally lost on this one?

Looking forward to getting the next game in!

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 12:47:42 pm »
Strategic Fleets points can vary between 1,250 and 3,000 based on the owner's models owned. Allied BGs/Sqns allowed per standard rules.
On your second question, sure you can list more models than you have for your BBs and massive. if you want to play more than you have you get agreement from opponent on using proxied or loaned models.
More on the campaign in a bit.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 09:16:10 am »
Sounds good! I'll be able to throw down pretty close to 2,000 points with my PE.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 06:45:46 am »
Think I've got a 3,000 pointer! Will post it here a little later.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 07:31:33 am »
Added the Tracker and my actual campaign Fleet to the dropbox.
The tracker should be reviewed.
It has a line under each scenario for VPs that will be used to determine victors in ties and if needed the tie break the final winner(s)
There is a column for acquired tech. Brandon got some Spearschluder torpedoes, I got ( from the Convoy) Energy weapon for a small model (4/4/4/4) which will likely go on my Guilfords.
Todd will get to roll on the Weapons and Munitions chart for his victory in the Convoy scenario.
Please review. Roosevelt played a Mysterious Island scenario, but i can't recall with whom. Was that Brandon?
i played one with Bogo , but it was an intro game.
The letters next to the names in the tracker refers to the MBS user name- Mine (CG) = CDR G.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4afcnd4kgjkos8a/AAD9dvD0Thp02gaJifoW1NSxa?dl=0