Author Topic: Does anyone have any tips for making custom element overlays?  (Read 1581 times)

Patrick2017

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
I would like to make some custom element overlays.  Do anyone have any experience with making them?  I was think of buying some black card stock and using some bright sharpie marks to add the ship stats and arcs of sight and so on.  However, I think they will end up looking terrible compared to the official overlays.  So I was going to make a new set of my terrible looking overlays for all my ships.  This way my entire fleet will look equally terrible.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Does anyone have any tips for making custom element overlays?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 07:27:52 am »
If it were me, I'd make them in PowerPoint and print them out on photo paper so that they would be sturdy enough to use on the plastic bases 😉 

I could take a crack at mocking one up for you if you like..

Patrick2017

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 05:11:42 pm »
Hello Ruckdog
I like your idea, I will give it a try.  If you are willing to do a mockup that would be great, we can compare and contrast both of the overlays we develop.  Maybe in the future, we can develop a custom overlay template for the community.  I do not know much about the firestorm community, but I know that Halo fleet battles and Firestorm share similar game engines, I wonder if the firestorm community has any custom overloay templates, I will investigate and see what I can come up with. 
thanks, Patrick 

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 12:04:12 am »
FSA does not use the same formation base and overlay setup that Halo FB does, I'm afraid! The games are more like distant cousins than siblings. 

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 11:22:20 am »
I haven't' forgotten about this little idea! I'll try to have something posted soon. Sorry for the delay!